Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Scandalous lack of award seat availability on partner airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold

Has anyone had any success in the past with booking award seats using Etihad Guest miles on Brussels Airlines and/or Etihad Regional (Etihad's so called 'partner airlines').

I've been trying for the past month and there has always been ZERO availability for any date in the future, in all classes. Plus the Etihad Guest call centre workers are not the most helpful or bright bunch, and no one really seems interested in investigating this.

Pretty poor showing, Etihad.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
I would say the same vice versa, Etihad F on the A380 to SYD has literally ZERO seats for all of 2016.

LHR to AUH or vice versa is only one flight in a month. Frankly it's quite disappointing, but it's up to the airlines to do so :/
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I think that the Brussels airline situation is just broken, many of us have tried to get those to book and to no avail.
We had plenty of people getting ANA under the old "intern" award chart, but now seems hit or miss under the new chart.
As you will see in other threads, the key seems to be hang up and call again, there are few agents who know the actual process for finding, not to mention booking, a partner award.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:21 pm

I think part of the issue is that Brussels itself releases such little availability in J at all. I can't ever even find those seats under a Miles & More account.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by dtokuda
I think part of the issue is that Brussels itself releases such little availability in J at all. I can't ever even find those seats under a Miles & More account.
The issue extends to all J and Y availability when it comes to booking SN with Etihad Guest. A colleague at work has told me that the whole business is currently being investigated by the Serious Fraud Office in the UK. Not sure what sort of remit they have over it but I'm glad some sort of formal investigation is taking place. Really poor showing that they can make claims to offer award seats on 'partner' airlines and then nothing actually materializes.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:17 pm

What about the scandalous lack of EY award availability on all USA to AUH routes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.