Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:31 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by alex_sh
Dear EtihadHelp,
I would like to share my experience in recent Etihad fly.
In August 30 I flew from Abu Dhabi to Los Angeles on business class. It was almost 16 hours flight.
After the plane take off a flight attendant offered a meal which I ate. Because the long flight I expected to get another meal, but I didn’t. Just one hour before landing the flight attendant offered only something to drink but not meal. And business class area also didn’t have any snack or fruits during the flight.
Does Etihad provide only one meal in business class during this long flight?
Hello Alex, in general, our crew takes meal orders from our Business or First class guests before taking off.
During the flight, you can also choose from our à la carte menu and dine anytime as per your preference.
Please send us a message on https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/about-u...t-us/feedback/ and we will investigate what has happened and be in touch with you. Thank you. *Ari
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:55 am

Angry Missing Bag!

i arrived from Rome to abu dhabi last staurday the 1st of Sep. ; and my bag went missing since that day ; with no proper feedback with regards to this issue; i am disappointed with the level of service provided to me ; as well as your missing baggage department is not responding to calls ; my file refrence is 12010
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Abdulla2alshehi
i arrived from Rome to abu dhabi last staurday the 1st of Sep. ; and my bag went missing since that day ; with no proper feedback with regards to this issue; i am disappointed with the level of service provided to me ; as well as your missing baggage department is not responding to calls ; my file refrence is 12010
Nobody will actually pick up that phone. Try Twitter. My last missing bag was also from the Rome route. Turned up 4 days later with the whole lock system torn off....
Travelix likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:49 am

Is Etihad's Gold programme operation always this shambolic?

Originally Posted by Pendrive
Dear EtihadHelp,

Can you help with the following situation, involving ongoing problems with crediting miles from partner flights? I have no idea why this has proved impossible for so long...

Towards the end of April 2017 I took return flights between Manchester and Beijing on Hainan, and asked for miles to be credited at check-in. I was told it couldn't be done and I would have to claim them from Etihad.

Since then I've written on a number of occasions to Etihad Guest, and each time have had a couple of emails to say someone is looking into it; and then nothing. I did send on scanned copies of the boarding passes for the flights, and a copy of the eticket.

The last time I heard from anyone on this was 25 July (this year) after again writing to Etihad - again the email said that I should 'rest assured' as they are looking into it and will 'correspond with you shortly'.

I'm a gold card holder with Etihad. I am at a loss as to why this is happening and they cannot credit the miles nor give any kind of explanation, over a period of 16 months, and just keep giving this stock reply and then not getting back until I get in touch again the next time to ask what is going on. Perhaps you can shed some light on the problem? Crediting partner miles is surely something all airline frequent flyer programmes need to do as standard?

Thank you for your help in this.
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there, sorry to hear that you've been kept waiting for the partner claim, as it requires approval from external counterpart. Please send us a private message with your Guest number and we will follow up for you. Thanks. *Ari
So I had a reply yesterday from Etihad goldclaims thus:

"Dear Pendrive,

Thank you for contacting us about your missing miles claim for the ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxx.
Your flights listed below were over six months ago and have therefore passed the allowed claim period for Etihad Guest Miles. Unfortunately we cannot credit the missing miles in this instance.

HU7904 MAN PEK 24-Apr-2017
HU7903 PEK MAN 29-Apr-2017

You can always claim miles for flights taken up to 3 months before your Etihad Guest enrolment date and all missing miles have a claim period of 6 months from the respective transaction date. The miles will be credited to the respective account, subject to approval based on the Terms and conditions of our Etihad Guest Programme.

If you need any further help, please contact us

Kindest regards,

Rahul Bandekar
Etihad Guest

The claim for the miles was made on 2 May 2017, less then 2 weeks after the flights. There have been repeated emails from myself, and replies that it was being 'looked into'.

A whole 18 months later, they come up with this.

Unbelievable.

Anyone have any details of where I can write at this stage which would avoid the shambolic customer service operation?

Many thanks.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:27 am

To answer your question....Yeah, it has always been shambolic in this regard. Most of my flights used to link into partner sectors in Europe or the US. Alitalia, JetBlue etc., and I would have to try and chase up on every single one. I gave up. They have known about this issue for years and have done zero to rectify it. I have moved all my flights to BA or CX out of Dubai if I'm going east. I still pay for flights with my ADCB card so I'm still collecting guestmiles.

maybe if Etihad get there house in order in the future I might come back, but that is looking more and more doubtful.

Last edited by Dubh; Sep 13, 2018 at 10:52 pm
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:16 pm

Thank you, Dubh - I stopped considering Etihad for flights a little while ago given that getting the miles for them is a fairly fundamental expectation of mine for an airline.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:17 am

So I had a reply yesterday from Etihad goldclaims thus:

"Dear Pendrive,

Thank you for contacting us about your missing miles claim for the ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxx.
Your flights listed below were over six months ago and have therefore passed the allowed claim period for Etihad Guest Miles. Unfortunately we cannot credit the missing miles in this instance.

HU7904 MAN PEK 24-Apr-2017
HU7903 PEK MAN 29-Apr-2017

You can always claim miles for flights taken up to 3 months before your Etihad Guest enrolment date and all missing miles have a claim period of 6 months from the respective transaction date. The miles will be credited to the respective account, subject to approval based on the Terms and conditions of our Etihad Guest Programme.

If you need any further help, please contact us

Kindest regards,

Rahul Bandekar
Etihad Guest

The claim for the miles was made on 2 May 2017, less then 2 weeks after the flights. There have been repeated emails from myself, and replies that it was being 'looked into'.

A whole 18 months later, they come up with this.

Unbelievable.

Anyone have any details of where I can write at this stage which would avoid the shambolic customer service operation?

Many thanks.

Hello, can you please send us a screenshot of the email that you have written 2 weeks after the flight to see that you have claimed the miles in time? Please send it in a private message. Thank you. *Marc
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:30 pm

Hello, can you please send us a screenshot of the email that you have written 2 weeks after the flight to see that you have claimed the miles in time? Please send it in a private message. Thank you. *Marc
PM doesn't seem to allow attachments or images which aren't linked to the internet....
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Ref: my latest thread,

Has Etihad’s upgrade policy recently changed? If so this will really be the end of me and Etihad.

If it has not, can you please train your outstation agents, particularly at LHR in the EY upgrade policy which was in place in the last few years.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:16 pm

PM doesn't seem to allow attachments or images which aren't linked to the internet....
Hi there, please send it to any of our social media channels e.g. Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected], thanks. *Ari
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by akalra1187
Ref: my latest thread,

Has Etihad’s upgrade policy recently changed? If so this will really be the end of me and Etihad.

If it has not, can you please train your outstation agents, particularly at LHR in the EY upgrade policy which was in place in the last few years.
Hi there, please send us a message on https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/about-u...t-us/feedback/ to elaborate on your experience, so that we can investigate what has happened and get back to you. Thanks. *Ari
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:58 am

Hi,

I'm booked on a partner award (AA for Etihad) on a mixed class reward booking. I need to call-in to Etihad to choose seats, would I need to pay to select mine on the economy route?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by atojbk
Hi,

I'm booked on a partner award (AA for Etihad) on a mixed class reward booking. I need to call-in to Etihad to choose seats, would I need to pay to select mine on the economy route?

Thanks!
Hello, there is a fee for booking seats up to 24 hours before the flight, and we can only process the payment if you're holding an Etihad ticket. In your case, please book the seat for your economy leg within 24 hours prior to departure and it will be free of charge. Thanks. *Ari
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:48 am

Hello, there is a fee for booking seats up to 24 hours before the flight, and we can only process the payment if you're holding an Etihad ticket. In your case, please book the seat for your economy leg within 24 hours prior to departure and it will be free of charge. Thanks. *Ari
thanks for responding. My second leg is in business class all on one pnr code. I would still get charged for the economy leg?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:07 pm

Yes, the seat selection fee will be charged on the economy flight. *Zozo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.