Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2021, 5:22 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi There, the policy you see online is only applicable on tickets issued for travel until 30 June 2021. For travel booked after this date, the terms and conditions of the fare you purchase will apply. The policy is subject to change, however, we cannot comment at this time on what it might be for future flights. Our website will be updated, should there be any changes to this policy in the future. *Vio
2Mimi2 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 8:49 am

Programs: EY Gold
EtihadHelp

Do you have any news if the usage of miles and tier status is going to be extended beyond the end of Jan 2022? I have recieved no communication via my eMail from you for some while.

Zac.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by ZacZolar
EtihadHelp

Do you have any news if the usage of miles and tier status is going to be extended beyond the end of Jan 2022? I have recieved no communication via my eMail from you for some while.

Zac.
Hello Zac.

In general, the minimal Tier Miles requirement for status renewal has been reduced to 80% until 30 June 2021.
Guest Miles though, validity varies based on tier level. If you pm us your Guest Number, we'd be happy to provide specific details.
You are also welcome to contact our Guest Team for further clarification.

Thank you. *Ari
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: EY Gold
PM sent.

Ta.

Zac.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 2:52 am

Hello again EtihadHelp!

I noticed there is a new updated policy as of 4 March 2021. Therefore I would like to ask again what is the current policy (regarding Covid-19) for flights issued now for December 2021 / January 2022 flying from European Union (me as a booker am again an EU citizen).

Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 6, 2021, 4:28 am

Hi Mimi, our current Covid waiver policy applies for travel before 30 September 2021. Tickets issued for travel after that date will fall under our regular commercial policy and any rebooking/refund would be subject to the rules of the booked fare, provided there are no further updates to the waiver policy in the meantime. For any further clarifications, you may always contact our Call Centre on the numbers listed on our website on https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/help/contact-us. Thanks. *Max
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:07 pm

Hi,
I dont have a booking yet.

I understand the current policy that if my ticket date is Oct 31 or earlier, then I can change the flight for free. However, say I book a flight for Oct 30th. It is expected that the UAE quarantine rule will be relaxed for vaccinated tourists. But in the off-chance that its not, then in early October, if I call in to change the flight to say Dec, I should not be charged for the flight change. Am I correct in my understanding?

Last edited by Mr Bean; Mar 15, 2021 at 4:09 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Mar 16, 2021, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there, I am sorry for this delay. We are following up with the team and will get back to you a soon as we receive an update from the team. Thanks. *Vio
Status update: Still no communication from Etihad, still haven't received "check is in the mail" refund promised over a year ago.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Mr Bean
Hi,
I dont have a booking yet.

I understand the current policy that if my ticket date is Oct 31 or earlier, then I can change the flight for free. However, say I book a flight for Oct 30th. It is expected that the UAE quarantine rule will be relaxed for vaccinated tourists. But in the off-chance that its not, then in early October, if I call in to change the flight to say Dec, I should not be charged for the flight change. Am I correct in my understanding?
Hello there, kindly bear in mind that as per our current commercial waiver policy, you must rebook before 30 September 2021. Therefore, in case you were to rebook to fly in December, using your example, you would need to call before the end of September and in orderfor this change to be free of cost, your new ticket would have to be in the same fare class and withing the same travel zone. Thanks. *Bruno
Mr Bean likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by elventhor
Status update: Still no communication from Etihad, still haven't received "check is in the mail" refund promised over a year ago.
Hi there, we are sorry about the delay in getting back to you, as our Refunds Team is experiencing a high volume of queries. We assure you that we have chased this matter on your behalf and will send you more details via Private Message soon. Thanks. *Bruno
Old Apr 6, 2021, 4:38 am

Status update: Nothing to report. Refund has not been processed, I have received no communication from Etihad. Not feeling very first class.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 7:17 am

Hi again Elventhor, we apologise for not having been able to get back to you with an update as of yet. We would like to also assure you that we are chasing your refund on your behalf. As soon as we get a response from our Refunds team, we will get back to you. Thanks for your patience and understanding. *Bruno
Old Apr 8, 2021, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
@EtihadHelp I had a guest LHR-AUH ticket in First class. Since the route is no longer operated in First class I spoke with someone at Etihad Guest who suggested getting a refund and booking a different flight in Business. I asked her to make sure my miles would not auto expire if I cancelled the ticket which she checked and confirmed that they wouldn't till Feb 22. Anyway I have now got the refund back on my card but not the miles. Can you check for me to see when I will get the miles back as I really need to book a new ticket soon and I am rather worried as normally you get the points back and then the cash.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 6:29 am

Hi there onlysuites, please drop us a Private Message with your booking details in order for us to check this for you. Alternatively, for a more urgent assistance, you may reach our Loyalty Team directly via the following link: https://www.etihadguest.com/en/conta...Nav=contact_us. Thanks. *Bruno
Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
@EtihadHelp sent you a message yesterday. Any update please? Really need to book replacement ticket today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.