Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR checkin and lounge openings

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
LHR checkin and lounge openings

Hi,
Flying EY12 LHR >> AUH in F in early October. EY website says LHR checkin opens T -4hrs, I make that 05:30 for the 09:30 departure.

Is that correct and if so what time does the lounge open?
I read on a "lounge guide" site it's open 24 hrs! Surely not!

Thanks H
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:18 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi there,

The lounge in LHR opens during flights, it will be open during your departure in October. *HE

Originally Posted by SuanLum
Hi,
Flying EY12 LHR >> AUH in F in early October. EY website says LHR checkin opens T -4hrs, I make that 05:30 for the 09:30 departure.

Is that correct and if so what time does the lounge open?
I read on a "lounge guide" site it's open 24 hrs! Surely not!

Thanks H
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there,

The lounge in LHR opens during flights, it will be open during your departure in October. *HE
Maybe I should have been more specific.

EXACTLY what time does check in for flight EY12,LHR to AUH, open.

EXACTLY what time does the EY T4 lounge at LHR open for flight EY12.

I need to know besause:
we are overnighting at a hotel near Heathrow and need to arrange chauffeur pick up time. My wife has mobility problems so we do not want to arrive at LHR long before check in opens.Equally we do not ant to check in and arrive at the lounge for it to be closed.
We will probably leave the hotel before breakfast is being served and will eat in the lounge.

Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:15 pm

Hi SuanLum

Our check in and our lounge open three hours before the departure of our flights.

Hope that helps *DP
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi SuanLum

Our check in and our lounge open three hours before the departure of our flights.

Hope that helps *DP
No!
Etihad website says check in opens 4 hours before departure as per my OP

and this http://www.etihad.com/Documents/PDFs...-terminals.pdf

I wanted confirmation of this and lounge opening times.

Are you saying your website is wrong?

I also see from the linked document that check in at Abu Dhabi opens 4 hours before,is that correct?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
It would be unusual for check-in to open more than 3 hours before the flight (unless it is the home base or the airline has a lot of departures throughout the day), not least because they probably pay a contractor to tprovide the service. I would suggest that organising the chauffeur to pick you up for a 7am arrival at LHR will give ample time to check-in and reach the lounge as you are travelling in F. In my experience the EY website is not always the most useful source of info and although Etihad help will not say that the website is wrong I would guess it is

Last edited by pomkiwi; Jul 27, 2015 at 6:05 am
Old Jul 27, 2015, 6:00 am

Apologies for the oversight. The check-in in LHR will indeed open 4 hours before. Same applies for the lounge.
We can also confirm you that the check-in in AUH opens 4 hours before departures as well.

Thanks *FT
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:00 am

The LHR lounge was nice but I would not spend more than 1hr30m there max.

A la carte food was decent but not amazing. Lounge is actually smaller than I expected.

Looking forward to trying the QR lounge at LHR and seeing whether they are any better - from what I've seen and read so far, that would appear to be the case.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I have no intention of being there much too early, but with enough time for a leisurely breakfast.
It's the start of a special trip for us as it's our first first! I had to cancel one last autumn after I was diagnosed with cancer (happily I'm fit and well now)
It's also my wifes 65th birthday during our stopover in Abu Dhabi on route to Singapore and our 45th wedding anniversary during our stopover in Abu Dhabi on our way back home.

All we need now is for the refurbished F lounge in T3 to reopen before we travel on to Singapore.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:55 am

We are looking forward to having you and your wife fly with us. Please contact us when the time closer to your trip. *ZD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.