FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Book awards on EY partner airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1681303-book-awards-ey-partner-airlines.html)

jcsimard Jun 11, 2016 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by flymax77 (Post 26763610)
anybody booked any off-peak redemptions using EG miles on to fly AA recently?...

I booked MIA-BCN on 5/31. Easy to book.

I transferred the remaining MR points while talking to the very nice agent,
as soon as he got the availability.

Only problem was that the agent didn't know where Miami is.

Taxes are a little higher than it would be on Alaska, $27.90 per ticket instead of $19. It seems that it could be because they build the fare with a $1.00 base fare instead of $0.

I called around 8:00pm EST and reached Abu Dhabi call center.

Getting ready to book the return flight.

MaxVO Jun 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by flymax77 (Post 26763738)
I am looking to use Etihad miles to book a round trip US-Europe Award on AA.

Can I book stopovers and an open jaw for 40,000 off peak EG miles round trip?

Partner awards on AA should at minimum meet the AA award rules. So you'd likely have more detailed and accurate answers on the AA forum.
As far as the stopovers, their choice is restricted primarily by rules (not the total number). If I recall it correctly, when a direct route exists, then a segmented route should not increase the flying distance by 25% or more. Each segment must also take you closer to the destination. Domestic stopovers must be under 4 hours, and international under 24 hours. In general, if you find a MileSAAver award route on AA.com, it should be a good start for the EY partner award request.

You can have 2 one-way awards with any origin and destination. Other than that, no open jaws allowed.

I hope you do post a follow-up detailing your experience with Etihad agents, as this should be of great interest for this thread. Good luck with this project!

DaveInLA Jun 11, 2016 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by jcsimard (Post 26764610)

Taxes are a little higher than it would be on Alaska, $25.80 per ticket instead of $19. It seems that it could be because they build the fare with a $1.00 base fare instead of $0.

I read somewhere once to call the UK call center. What phone number did you call? Thanks

edit: Manchester, not London

tangey Jun 11, 2016 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by jcsimard (Post 26764610)

Taxes are a little higher than it would be on Alaska, $25.80 per ticket instead of $19. It seems that it could be because they build the fare with a $1.00 base fare instead of $0.

How many EY miles did it cost, what was the routing, biz or econ, 1 way or return ?

jcsimard Jun 12, 2016 6:03 am

Originally Posted by tangey (Post 26765318)
How many EY miles did it cost, what was the routing, biz or econ, 1 way or return ?

2x MIA-BCN, economy, non-stop, one-way, off-season, 20,000 EY miles + US$27.90 per ticket

jcsimard Jun 12, 2016 6:16 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 26764877)
I read somewhere once to call the UK call center. What phone number did you call? Thanks

The US number 1-877-690-0767, then 1-2-1 as mentioned on TPG by Richard Kerr.

I knew about people having a better experience with Manchester, but the agent I talked to was very nice and competent.

MaxVO Jun 12, 2016 11:20 pm

EY miles expiration terms

Does anyone know if Etihad miles ever expire?
I couldn't find any relevant info on their website.

mlqsko Jun 12, 2016 11:36 pm

You didn't find the relevant thread to ask either.

tangey Jun 13, 2016 5:08 am

Originally Posted by jcsimard (Post 26766115)
2x MIA-BCN, economy, non-stop, one-way, off-season, 20,000 EY miles + US$27.90 per ticket

Many thanks

DaveInLA Jun 14, 2016 12:16 am

I just called for availability for PG BKK-MLE oneway in economy, and the agent says there are 6 seats left. TAxes are $US80+, for those interested. I didn't go through with the booking, but just would like to share that the agent was able to look up availability without problems. He didn't say which call center he's from, but he had a clear Indian accent.

tangey Jun 14, 2016 3:01 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 26775336)
I just called for availability for PG BKK-MLE oneway in economy, and the agent says there are 6 seats left. TAxes are $US80+, for those interested. I didn't go through with the booking, but just would like to share that the agent was able to look up availability without problems. He didn't say which call center he's from, but he had a clear Indian accent.

Is that with Bangkok airlines ? What was the quoted miles required ?

jcsimard Jun 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Just booked my return tickets:

2x DUB-ORD-MIA, on American Airlines, economy, one-way, 30,000 EY miles + US$70.66 per ticket

I called the US number and reached the Manchester call center. I talked to a very nice, patient and knowledgeable agent.

It took about one hour to complete the booking.

I already had 40,000 miles in my account to cover the cost of 2 off-peak tickets on AA back from Europe to the US. SURPRISE... off-peak 20,000 miles award is only from the US to Europe, not Europe to the US (it's on the chart)! So I had to transfer more Amex MR points while on the phone, to complete the booking.

Very positive experience again, and I would not hesitate to book award through Etihad in the future.

geclub1 Jun 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by jcsimard (Post 26797933)

I already had 40,000 miles in my account to cover the cost of 2 off-peak tickets on AA back from Europe to the US. SURPRISE... off-peak 20,000 miles award is only from the US to Europe, not Europe to the US (it's on the chart)!

If it were me, I would have pushed hard to get them to honor the off peak price, pointing out that the footnote below the award chart specifically lists off peak periods for between North America and Europe. Emphasize the between.

DaveInLA Jun 19, 2016 12:07 am

Originally Posted by tangey (Post 26775665)
Is that with Bangkok airlines ? What was the quoted miles required ?

Consistent with this link:

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/spend-...ngkok-airways/

MaxVO Jun 19, 2016 1:36 am

Originally Posted by geclub1 (Post 26798538)
If it were me, I would have pushed hard to get them to honor the off peak price, pointing out that the footnote below the award chart specifically lists off peak periods for between North America and Europe. Emphasize the between.

I was surprised by this news as well, so had to take a look.
Indeed, the off-peak period is both ways. But the redemption rates are not the same both ways. The table out of Europe does not have a separate column for the off-peak period. So unfortunately there's no basis to dispute the agent's quote here.