Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chauffeur service questions

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2016, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by koroleon
If I book XXX-AUH and DXB-YYY on two separate tickets, can I request the chauffeur for AUH to DXB (airport to airport)? First ticket would be an EY J award and the second one on EK.
You can use the chauffeur to DXB if your EY business fare is eligible (Z is not).
Old May 17, 2016, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
You can use the chauffeur to DXB if your EY business fare is eligible (Z is not).
Thanks. I think all business class award seats are eligible, so I should be good to go.
Old May 17, 2016, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by koroleon
Thanks. I think all business class award seats are eligible, so I should be good to go.
Yes, they are.
Old May 17, 2016, 2:02 pm

hi,

I've reserved a chauffeur service in SYD but afterwards I changed the pick up hotel and therefore would like to change arrangements with EY. I tried to find at EY website, how to do it but with no success. Do you know any e-mail adress of EY's chauffeur service in SYD, where I could send an e-mail with request for change of pick up hotel?

Best regards, Bartek
Old May 17, 2016, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by tropikey
hi,

I've reserved a chauffeur service in SYD but afterwards I changed the pick up hotel and therefore would like to change arrangements with EY. I tried to find at EY website, how to do it but with no success. Do you know any e-mail adress of EY's chauffeur service in SYD, where I could send an e-mail with request for change of pick up hotel?

Best regards, Bartek
There's no email, but you can call them so they can modify the booking.
Old May 17, 2016, 2:14 pm

OK, I'll do so...
Thank you :-)
Old May 18, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by tropikey
hi,

Best regards, Bartek
I did the same.
As I recall I think I had to wait for the chauffeur confirmation (email & phone) then I had contact info to change things.

Enjoy
Old May 19, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Don't count on much. I had a 10:45 flight, went to bed 21:00 the night before with an 8:30 chauffeur confirmed. Seems they emailed me around 22:00 telling me it would now be at 07:45...when I was still asleep. Driver left, and that's the last I heard of them...

AED 85 out of pocket, and the first class check-in agent's response at AUH? "you should always plan to arrive at the airport three hours early, this is not our problem." Ugh.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by miss_tree
About to book in a chauffeur ride to the airport, I've got two questions.

1. Are pets allowed in the car?
I plan to put my pet parrot in a travel cage and ride with her - will this be ok? Anyone have any experience? Should I bother to call them and ask? I don't see why not, after all, some people do fly with pets (as long as they're properly restrained) ...

2. Will the driver make a short stop on the way to the airport?
It's a 5/10minute detour to stop at the bird boarding place where I'm planning to drop off my parrot...

I'm really hoping this'll work out...
I booked from JFK to Newark Penn Station and my driver was great about just taking me to EWR where my connecting flight was on UA. I gave him a $20 for his trouble and he gave no push back.
When we were driving through Manhattan, he offered to stop at a pizza place since I had never been to NYC (I was a bit nauseated from the jet lag so I declined). This said, I bet as long as you are willing to tip, you will have no trouble, especially when they are contract limos (My NYC chauffeur used Empire)
Old May 21, 2016, 2:54 pm

An AA J award ticket clt-lga-jfk-auh-mle with less 24 hours in both nyc and auh is not eligible for a chauffeur correct?
Old May 24, 2016, 6:51 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Bad question, but is it possible to book the chauffeur with a pickup from Dubai with a 1 hour stop at the Sheikh Zayed mosque on the way to the airport? Or Dubai with a drop off at the mosque where I can then grab an uber to AUH?
Old May 24, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by DSI
Bad question, but is it possible to book the chauffeur with a pickup from Dubai with a 1 hour stop at the Sheikh Zayed mosque on the way to the airport?
Absolutely not.
Or Dubai with a drop off at the mosque where I can then grab an uber to AUH?
Chances slim to none.

Remember that these are not drivers "on their own clock" who are free to earn their fare however they please. They have specific instructions about where to pick up the passengers, and where to drop them off, by what time. The car's movements are continuously tracked by GPS.

The drivers have absolutely nothing to gain from deviating from standard procedure (i.e. go straight to airport, drop off passenger in front of terminal) and everything to lose if they are questioned on it.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:25 pm

Does EY provide chauffeur services only to/from airports listed on their website? (https://www.etihad.com/en-us/plan-and-book/book-chauffeur)
I'm about to book a first class flight to ICN on EY (AUH-ICN) and I'm wondering if EY provides any transportation service at ICN.
Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
Does EY provide chauffeur services only to/from airports listed on their website? (https://www.etihad.com/en-us/plan-and-book/book-chauffeur)
I'm about to book a first class flight to ICN on EY (AUH-ICN) and I'm wondering if EY provides any transportation service at ICN.
Thanks!
No limo at ICN for EY.

It is available on EK, however.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by stargold
No limo at ICN for EY.

It is available on EK, however.
Thanks, I booked my flight and the chauffeur service just for the ride to the airport at AUH.
My reservation says the chauffeur service is booked but not confirmed.
Does anyone know what this means?
I wonder if I made a mistake during the booking process..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.