Wiki Posts
Search

Non-refundable to refundable fare

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Non-refundable to refundable fare

While rebooking a non-refundable EY flight earlier today, a question occurred to me, so I thought I'd check with you guys. If I change my fare from a 500 EUR non-refundable one to a 1200 EUR fully refundable one (while paying the fare difference), does that mean that I'm free to cancel the ticket at a later date and receive the full 1200 EUR back, even though my original booking was on a non-refundable fare?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
While rebooking a non-refundable EY flight earlier today, a question occurred to me, so I thought I'd check with you guys. If I change my fare from a 500 EUR non-refundable one to a 1200 EUR fully refundable one (while paying the fare difference), does that mean that I'm free to cancel the ticket at a later date and receive the full 1200 EUR back, even though my original booking was on a non-refundable fare?
Unfortunately no. It always goes back to the original fare conditions with regards to cancellations. There's a provision for that possibility in the fare conditions.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I figured as much. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.