Search

Best Seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Best Seats

Hi There

I've booked business flights to Australia for my dad and wanted to know which are the best seats on the A380 and 777

I've booked 10k on the 380 and 6h on the 777
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
haven't flown the a380 yet but 777 to Oz is 3-class config; IMHO best location is the quieter forward biz cabin, i.e. rows 5 or 6, which you have booked.

5A or 5K are the best for single travellers; it's a window seat with aisle access as opposed to an aisle seat with window access. For a couple travelling together, 5E & 5F are the best seats.

You can see what I mean about the aisle access on seatguru: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Eti...-300ER_new.php
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:43 am

On the 777 the 5 A/E/F/K are bassinet seats and I am not sure they can be pre booked, no?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
On the 777 the 5 A/E/F/K are bassinet seats and I am not sure they can be pre booked, no?
Yes, could be. I've always had them assigned at the airport.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by EFATO
Yes, could be. I've always had them assigned at the airport.
Request at checkin?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:30 pm

Request at checkin?
yes, or in the lounge.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:56 pm

Thanks.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 1:44 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
There should be a wiki linking to different aircraft seatmaps and best seats.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
There should be a wiki linking to different aircraft seatmaps and best seats.
There is, www.seatguru.com
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Is it my imagination, or do seats E and F in J class offer less overall space than seats A and K? Yes, E and F might be ideal for a couple, but they do seem a little claustrophobic. Also, I find that the adjacent TV screen when seated in E and F is a constant distraction, whether a close couple or otherwise. Even for a loving couple, they might be better seated in C and D, or G and H.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by sabdhabi
Is it my imagination, or do seats E and F in J class offer less overall space than seats A and K?
You are right - for example A & K have that extra space between the seat hardware and the fuselage, which is at least wide enough to put a briefcase in - not to mention a great place to dispose of blankets, EY headsets, plastic bags that blankets come in, etc

Best of all IMHO is getting E&F, not as a couple, but as a solo traveller. Flatten both seats and make yourself a suite
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:16 pm

Best of all IMHO is getting E&F, not as a couple, but as a solo traveller. Flatten both seats and make yourself a suite
Hardly a suite... there's a huge center console in-between the seats. Great couple seating though, you can cuddle from the knees down.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:20 pm

Hardly a suite... there's a huge center console in-between the seats. Great couple seating though, you can cuddle from the knees down.
Sure, was a bit tongue in cheek The way I generally sleep though, spreadeagled all over the place, I've actually managed to contort one or two limbs into the other seat during the middle of the night for a, say, 5% increase in comfort?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 2:31 pm

I've actually managed to contort one or two limbs into the other seat during the middle of the night for a, say, 5% increase in comfort?
I hope the seat was not occupied at the time
Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:32 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
There is, www.seatguru.com
Ummm, most FTers don't rely on these websites, we look to each other for advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.