Wiki Posts
Search

Miles taking forever to post

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum

Am I just unlucky, or is EY horribly inefficient at posting earned miles?

I've recently switched to EY as my main FFP, so I wanted to test the various mileage-earning options, such as taking flights (obviously), transferring points from hotel loyalty programmes (SPG and Club Carlson), purchasing stuff via Earn Deals, Earn Mall, Heinemann etc., submitting reviews at HolidayCheck and so on.

The shortest timespan for miles to post has been three weeks for flights and hotel point transfers, while miles earned through other channels have yet to post after six weeks. For an airline that has such high in-flight standards, I find these timeframes appalling.

Customer service doesn't seem to be very timely either - when I sent an e-mail to inquire about bonus miles for hotel transfers (November promotion), it took them six days just to get back to me with a reply that they'll "look into it and get back to me in time" (direct quote).

Seriously, what's the deal? Aren't they trying to steal business away from their bigger Gulf competitors? If so, their FFP is a poor way to do so. Redemption options seem excellent, but what's the use if you have to wait for months on end to get your mileage credited in the first place.

/rant over
Old Dec 26, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
I received my miles usually within a day or two
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:49 am

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Flight miles are usually in account day after flying, other earning methods take longer.Be aware that if miles credit on the 1st December for activity on 16th October they appear on your account on 16th October behind more recent activity. This has caught me out a few days with car rental points etc
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

EY flight miles have posted while in flight, AMEX transfers have taken 48 hours.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by gojko88
?.....Redemption options seem excellent, but what's the use if you have to wait for months on end to get your mileage credited in the first place.
/rant over
Wish I had this problem with BA....instead of the reverse....

My EY miles take up to a week to post, based on the last 3 flights. Code shares with VA seem to need chasing though, and take around 7 weeks , even though ticketed on EY stock.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:21 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi gojko88, we are sorry to hear that. If you would like to share your experience with us kindly send the details to [email protected] to look into it for you. *ES
Old Dec 31, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: SQ, EY
Unhappy Late posted miles

I'm having issues at the moment - still waiting for miles from PAL flights going back 6 weeks. The response to emails is also very slow (I'm sure their SLA is 72 hours but has gone beyond that several times). Sub par.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:13 am

On EY operated flights I have usually received my miles even before the plane lands . However EY is no easy when it comes to bonus miles or partner miles. Thats been a real nightmare for me and writing emails becomes a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.