Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Is Transit Visa at Abu Dhabi airport required?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Transit Visa at Abu Dhabi airport required?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by sharp5flat9
This company is mentioned regularly on TA, but I have no personal experience of their services: http://www.southtravels.com/middleeast/uae/visa.html
I emailed the hotels I was planning to stay in at Abu Dhabi. St Regis is able to sponsor my transit visa for 650 AED, while Le Royal Meridian said I need a local company to guarantee my departure in order for them to do so. I'll go with the hotel route, and this also help us to make the decision to stay at St Regis instead of Le Royal Meridian.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:27 am

Is Transit Visa required even though not going out of airport??

VISA IS NOT REQUIRED WHEN NOT GOING OUT OF AIRPORT for over 8HOURS. SEE THE RESPONSE BELOW from UAE VISA Office.
POSTING THIS FOR ANY FUTURE USE.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "uaevisabangalore" <uaevisabangalore @ttsvisas.com>
Date: Aug 1, 2016 9:23 AM
Subject: RE: Is Transit VIsa required even though not going out of airport??
To: "Arun [redacted]"
Cc:

Dear Mr. Arun,

Please note that you do not need UAE transit visa for the stopover of about 10-12 hours, since your below mail says that you are not going out of airport so you can stay there without the visa at your own risk up to 14 hours or you can apply for the visa on the below mentioned link;
www.ttsuaevisas.com

Warm Regards,
Customer Support
TT Enterprises Pvt Ltd,
No 009 Raheja Chambers|No 12 Museum Road, Bangalore 560001|India
Landline: +91 80 49193307
Email: [email protected]|

Sent: 29-07-2016 6:20 PM
To: uaevisabangalore
Subject: Is Transit VIsa required even though not going out of airport??

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Arun, I am travelling to Detroit US, Via Abu dhabi and Rome. I have a layover in Abu dhabi airport for about 14hrs. and at Rome for about 4hrs.

My question is, do I need a Transit VISA even though I am not going out of the airport.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards

Last edited by oliver2002; Aug 4, 2016 at 8:47 am Reason: removed last name
Old Dec 27, 2016, 7:05 pm

For some reason this information seems to still not be definite,

I am in similar situation (another country which is not eligible for visa on arrival, with a 14 hour layover and planning on staying in airport)

Both Etihad as well as UAE embassy in the US told me any stay over 8 hours will require a transit visa even when not leaving airport.

Originally Posted by srikky_flyertalk
VISA IS NOT REQUIRED WHEN NOT GOING OUT OF AIRPORT for over 8HOURS. SEE THE RESPONSE BELOW from UAE VISA Office.
POSTING THIS FOR ANY FUTURE USE.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "uaevisabangalore" <uaevisabangalore @ttsvisas.com>
Date: Aug 1, 2016 9:23 AM
Subject: RE: Is Transit VIsa required even though not going out of airport??
To: "Arun [redacted]"
Cc:

Dear Mr. Arun,

Please note that you do not need UAE transit visa for the stopover of about 10-12 hours, since your below mail says that you are not going out of airport so you can stay there without the visa at your own risk up to 14 hours or you can apply for the visa on the below mentioned link;
www.ttsuaevisas.com

Warm Regards,
Customer Support
TT Enterprises Pvt Ltd,
No 009 Raheja Chambers|No 12 Museum Road, Bangalore 560001|India
Landline: +91 80 49193307
Email: [email protected]|

Sent: 29-07-2016 6:20 PM
To: uaevisabangalore
Subject: Is Transit VIsa required even though not going out of airport??

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Arun, I am travelling to Detroit US, Via Abu dhabi and Rome. I have a layover in Abu dhabi airport for about 14hrs. and at Rome for about 4hrs.

My question is, do I need a Transit VISA even though I am not going out of the airport.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Etihad Guest, Singapore Kris Flyer
Reopening this Thread.

Possible Transit mess in AUH for my travel in July 2020
BOM-AUH on Etihad J Class
Layover of 3 hours approx in AUH
AUH-CDG in Etihad F Apartment

Since BOM-AUH sector did not have F class, I had to make 2 different bookings with different PNR as these are Award Tickets and EY doesn't allow different class in one ticket.

Now since these are 2 different tickets I spoke with EY helpline and they say they cant guarantee checked luggage to go through to final destination.
All I can do is request this at the time of check-in with the staff.
This sounds ridiculous as it is the same Airline and I had to make to different tickets because of lack of system on EY side.
Also I was expecting EY at-least trying to help Premium passengers if not going out of the way. (Spoiled by Singapore Airlines )

I don't want to do VISA, immigration at AUH, Customs then again Check-in, Security in 3 hour layover just cause EY don't have systems in place.
Any advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.