Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Booking reward tickets on EY partners with Etihad Guest Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking reward tickets on EY partners with Etihad Guest Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
To manually force a reservation by specifying the date, flight, fare bucket and number of pax, despite the inventory in that fare bucket showing nil.

It's only effective when there's actual inventory but a bug/glitch is causing the inventory to show differently.

For example, once (back when VA/DJ used the old res system, and VS still flew to SYD) I booked HKG-SYD on VS after having verified availability through VS own website, but DJ's agent insisted they could not see availability. When they tried the long sell, the response came back as confirmed to their amazement.

The inventory need not to be an award one. I once got a confirmed paid fare on EWR-MAD with UA despite a zeroed out flight on the standalone sector (UA had inventory open for thorough itineraries e.g. XXX-EWR-MAD-YYY).
Thank you. I may try that. I have to get rid of these EY miles before they expire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.