Search

Etihad Guest Cash and Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Etihad Guest Cash and Miles

I am new to Etihad Guest

I read somewhere that the programme offers cash and miles for redemption with up to 25% top up by cash.

Is this still the case?
And if so, is there somewhere where I can find out the terms and conditions and the cost per mile for the purchase top up?

Thank you all
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:22 pm

It's not 25pc top up, it's 75pc miles 25pc cash.
For example, an award requires 20k miles plus taxes. When redeeming online you can use the slider on the final page to bring it down to 15k miles plus a cash component plus taxes.

The rate per mile varies greatly depending on the class and route. I've paid around 350USD equiv for 22.5k miles removed for AUH-SYD in F, and about 130USD for ~3k miles removed for AUH-BEY in J.

You cannot purchase miles with EY.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
It's not 25pc top up, it's 75pc miles 25pc cash.
For example, an award requires 20k miles plus taxes. When redeeming online you can use the slider on the final page to bring it down to 15k miles plus a cash component plus taxes.

The rate per mile varies greatly depending on the class and route. I've paid around 350USD equiv for 22.5k miles removed for AUH-SYD in F, and about 130USD for ~3k miles removed for AUH-BEY in J.

You cannot purchase miles with EY.
Thanks Edy,

Am looking for CDG-AUH in F and need to top up about 25000 miles, so i guess i am looking at USD400?

Is there a chart published somewhere where i can be certain of how much is the cash component? If it is too much, i will look into alternative.

This is my first time flying Etihad and am thinking of transferring some Citibank miles over. Usually with SQ, but want to try a different Suites product for comparison.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: Etihad Gold
I think a quirk of the website is that you need the full amount of miles to proceed to the point where you can 'flex'.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze
Thanks Edy,

Am looking for CDG-AUH in F and need to top up about 25000 miles, so i guess i am looking at USD400?

Is there a chart published somewhere where i can be certain of how much is the cash component? If it is too much, i will look into alternative.

This is my first time flying Etihad and am thinking of transferring some Citibank miles over. Usually with SQ, but want to try a different Suites product for comparison.
I'm not sure I understood you correctly. You'll need 52770 miles or 39500 miles plus 91.03EUR, both plus taxes of 219.66EUR
You can't top up with 25k miles using cash. You could reduce the number of miles required by paying a cash component at the final page of the booking. And to get to that page you need at least 39500 miles in your account.

Last edited by edy4eva; Sep 4, 2014 at 12:31 am
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Jimbob247
I think a quirk of the website is that you need the full amount of miles to proceed to the point where you can 'flex'.
Nope, can go to the final page provided you have the minimum 75pc of an award.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: Etihad Gold
Ok, they fixed it I guess, it was a while back...
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:01 am
Original Poster

I'm not sure I understood you correctly. You'll need 52770 miles or 39500 miles plus 91.03EUR, both plus taxes of 219.66EUR
You can't top up with 25k miles using cash. You could reduce the number of miles required by paying a cash component at the final page of the booking. And to get to that page you need at least 39500 miles in your account.

Oh, this is so so so helpful.

Anyway, between the 2 CDG-AUH flights - AM flight on the 77W (1040am) or PM flight on the 346 (940pm), which would be better experience for a first time Etihad F flyer.

Last edited by SQueeze; Sep 5, 2014 at 2:30 am
Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:44 pm

Oh, this is so so so helpful.

Anyway, between the 2 CDG-AUH flights - AM flight on the 77W (1040am) or PM flight on the 346 (940pm), which would be better experience for a first time Etihad F flyer.
Daytime flights are way better. Overnights are too short to be able to sleep properly and to experience the dining.

Last edited by edy4eva; Sep 4, 2014 at 10:49 pm
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Daytime flights are way better. Overnights are too short to be able to sleep properly and to experience the dining.
and there is no difference between the F products of their 77Ws and 346s, right?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:37 pm

and there is no difference between the F products of their 77Ws and 346s, right?
They're identical suites down to the mm.

And because the 77Ws are that much wider than the A346s, the window seats get extra trim to fill the gap while at the same time having much wider aisles.

The lavs are a bit different though, you won't get the double windowed lav of the A346 on the 77W, but instead an enclosed one in the middle of the galley.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:24 am

You even earn miles on the actual cash spent on flights

In the Etihad Guest Program is written : "Miles plus cash – decide how many miles you want to use and contribute the rest in cash using our Miles+Cash feature. You even earn miles on the actual cash spent on flights."

Somebody here knows how many miles you earn ? If you top up by 25% you earn 25%...but 25% of what ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.