Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Flying AUH-ORD in J on 77W and seat-map is odd...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum

End of the month I am flying AUH-ORD in business class. I have been assigned seat 8K, and the aircraft is a 77W. I looked up the seat-map via ExpertFlyer and it shows 40 seats in business class and no first class.

On any of the seat-map sites I can't find any 77W seat-map that has row 8 with a "K" seat, nor is there any 2-class 77W with 40 business-class seats.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Last edited by whimike; Jul 22, 2013 at 4:51 am
Old Jul 21, 2013, 8:44 am

Cannot comment on expert flyer. Look at seat maps below:-

http://www.theeysource.com/b777-300e...8f40j282y.html
http://www.theeysource.com/b777-300erseatmap.html

Etihad have two configurations of B777ER birds with two class and three class cabins. The two class has 28 Biz seats and the three class, 40 Biz seats

My apologies too. I read one map incorrectly. There is no 8K seat in any of the B777 Pearl cabins. Only the odd rows have A and K window seats
Have never really bothered to study the maps as I have always had A or K seats in rows 7, 9, or 11

Your assigned 8K seat seems incorrect to me for this type of Etihad aircraft. Your seat could be the 8J. I’d check the E ticket etc

I would be aware of the centre E/F seats unless you have a companion.

Last edited by Ed Jay; Jul 22, 2013 at 8:15 am
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:51 am
Original Poster

My apologies, the seat I was assigned is 8K, not 8F. I updated my OP with the proper seat.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by whimike
My apologies, the seat I was assigned is 8K, not 8F. I updated my OP with the proper seat.
My apologies too. See my edited offering above.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I had a similar dilemma, I ended up attempting a dummy booking and looking at the seat configuration on EY site, turns out that other than 1-2-1 configuration the seat numbers dont line up with seatguru or theeysource. The seat numbers assigned by the EY travel desk lined up with the seat configuration that I saw with a dummy booking and I am going to trust the assigned seat.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Originally Posted by Ed Jay
Cannot comment on expert flyer. Look at seat maps below:-

http://www.theeysource.com/b777-300e...8f40j282y.html
http://www.theeysource.com/b777-300erseatmap.html

Etihad have two configurations of B777ER birds with two class and three class cabins. The two class has 28 Biz seats and the three class, 40 Biz seats

My apologies too. I read one map incorrectly. There is no 8K seat in any of the B777 Pearl cabins. Only the odd rows have A and K window seats
Have never really bothered to study the maps as I have always had A or K seats in rows 7, 9, or 11

Your assigned 8K seat seems incorrect to me for this type of Etihad aircraft. Your seat could be the 8J. I’d check the E ticket etc

I would be aware of the centre E/F seats unless you have a companion.
I just had seat 6A from AUH to BKK (no first class), I was moved from my original seat because it didn't exist.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I was on a 777 to Bangkok last week. 2 class with new seats. The window seats were even numbers, 6,8 and 10 A and K. not the usual odd numbers 5,7,9 and 11 a and K
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by stanontour
I was on a 777 to Bangkok last week. 2 class with new seats. The window seats were even numbers, 6,8 and 10 A and K. not the usual odd numbers 5,7,9 and 11 a and K

That is interesting, was this EY metal?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
My flight with the even numbered window seats was - EY408 was flown on 2013-07-19 by A6-ETG (B77W)
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Enzokk
That is interesting, was this EY metal?
Yes new seats. 2 toilets up front instead of one
Nice layout. big improvement on the old seats for sure
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
It depends on whether your aircraft has the new (beige) or old (turquoise) business class seats. One has 5AK and the other 5CH with all other seats following suit.

Most of the seat map websites don't show this nuance between the two versions . The reservation seat map will show a default for the route which is subject to change depending on the actual aircraft on the day.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Speedbird676
It depends on whether your aircraft has the new (beige) or old (turquoise) business class seats. One has 5AK and the other 5CH with all other seats following suit.

Most of the seat map websites don't show this nuance between the two versions . The reservation seat map will show a default for the route which is subject to change depending on the actual aircraft on the day.
that helps clarify, as the reservation map does show different ones for ORD-AUH-ORD 3 weeks apart starting mid-august
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Speedbird676

Does this also explain 28 vs 40 business class seats? All of the 2-class 77W, according to the seat maps, have 28 seats in business class. My flight has 40. It seems this is more than just the old vs new business class, unless the new business class included adding more seats.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:46 am

if there are 40 business seats it could be a 3 class aircraft being used, does the economy row finish at 45 or 55? Both economy aircraft start with row 15. so just check the last row in economy on the seat map.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by stanontour
if there are 40 business seats it could be a 3 class aircraft being used, does the economy row finish at 45 or 55? Both economy aircraft start with row 15. so just check the last row in economy on the seat map.
All of the 3-class 77Ws have the new business class and there is no seat 8K.

There was some speculation that future delivered 2-class 77Ws would have a bigger J cabin but I don't know how true that is.

Last edited by Speedbird676; Jul 27, 2013 at 3:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.