Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

trouble with Chauffeur service on AA award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Hi

I booked on etihad business class using an AA award. It's proving close to impossible (since the system upgrade) to get the Chauffeur service confirmed. Each time I call I am told that an email will be sent to the Chauffeur dept and it will be confirmed withing 24 hours but that never actually happens. Is there any other place I can call/contact to get this confirmed. This feels like repeatedly banging my head against the wall.

Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Same exact problem here and I'm getting the same response every time I call. I finally made a complaint on their FB page and their social media team responded back. This was just a few days ago so we shall see if they can correct the issue. My flight is on Tuesday so not much time to get it resolved. So frustrating!

Hopefully someone else here can chime in with a solution.

Btw, I've used the booking system numerous times in the past without issue. It seems as if this is a glitch in their system once the upgrade to sabre took place a few weeks ago.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Had the same issue for my trip. I called the local EY office (Paris for me) and the lady said she couldn't get it to confirm either though she didn't understand why. She said she would have to directly call the company to arrange for the car, which she did. They called the day prior to confirm times/address.

ON the return for some reason they'd understood that I had to be picked up from home rather than the airport, which I easily corrected when the called the day prior to the flight.

To summarize, I would call your local EY office and ask them to call the chauffeur company directly.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Local limo company just called to confirm location and pickup time for my flight tomorrow so it seems as if persistence paid off!
Old Apr 2, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
I think (total guess on my part) that the problem is with their new use of SABRE. Had 3 segments recently and all 3 didn't "stick" -- a few long phone calls to the local offices of the cities involved were required. In Australia, upon arrival, the ticket counter apologised profusely and gave me a prepaid taxi voucher. At AUH, both arr and dep, they had to do it manually. At AUH, it's not so much a problem as cars are usually sitting there, but to get back to the AUH, it required a call to the local sales office (HQ?) and they arranged.

As noted above, persistence is the key. And, I would recommend calling the local office as THEY then can pick up the phone and call the car service to make arrangements. I wouldn't rely on requests made through any global res centers and.or on your PNR
Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: *G, CO Plat, UA 1P, Etihad Gold, Marriott Prem Plat, Avis Pres
Etihad chauffeur is a total gong show anywhere but Abu Dhabi. I was stranded in Mumbai a few days ago and when you need service from Etihad at 4 am your SOL. The person coordinating the chauffeur service at BOM had a car and driver for me but because I wasn't on his list he needed to get approval from Etihad (even though I had a business class boarding pass and etihad chauffeur reservation confirmation).

Don't waste your time with these numbskulls.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:35 pm

Had no issue with that.used it twice.but that was before the upgrade.....
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Just tried to book the chauffeur service on a recently booked JFK-AUH-BEY flight in F/J, booked through AA miles. Could not do it online so called. Was told they started restricting the chauffeur on AA booked redemption last month. Anyone else heard this or was it misinformation?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by troyb
Just tried to book the chauffeur service on a recently booked JFK-AUH-BEY flight in F/J, booked through AA miles. Could not do it online so called. Was told they started restricting the chauffeur on AA booked redemption last month. Anyone else heard this or was it misinformation?
I just booked an AA award two weeks ago and was able to book the driver without issue,even able to do it online for the first time and it shows confirmed. As of two weeks ago, the published T&Cs online do not mention anything about restrictions of use when on reward tickets, either by EY or another carrier.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: VA plat EY G+ RA Hyatt Diamond
I have always found the CS agents happy to book my AA award limos.
I will try to do it online now that I am aware it could be working.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:17 am

Not true. I booked 7 transfers in total in the past week!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Not true. I booked 7 transfers in total in the past week!
I figured this was wrong info. What number did you call? I was able to book transfers online several weeks ago. Hard to argue when they say they have a new restriction in place.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:52 am

I figured this was wrong info. What number did you call? I was able to book transfers online several weeks ago. Hard to argue when they say they have a new restriction in place.
The 2 I booked last night were online. Also booked another one this morning over the phone (local number in AU that got directed to their call centre in Manchester).
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by edy4eva
The 2 I booked last night were online. Also booked another one this morning over the phone (local number in AU that got directed to their call centre in Manchester).
Thanks for the feedback all. I called back a second time, the agent did note that the policy has changed but asked if he could call me back after double checking. He did actually call back and said I was eligible and got me all set up. Good service actually but still do not understand what this new policy is all about.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:28 am

Thanks for the feedback all. I called back a second time, the agent did note that the policy has changed but asked if he could call me back after double checking. He did actually call back and said I was eligible and got me all set up. Good service actually but still do not understand what this new policy is all about.
This 'new policy' has been the work of the imagination of a LOT of EY agents over the years. I heard it (along with many made-up rules) several times more than I can remember.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.