Wiki Posts
Search

1st Dining JFK-AUH - In flight Chef?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, AA Platinum, UA Gold
1st Dining JFK-AUH - In flight Chef?

In March we will be flying EY 1st class from JFK to AUH, departing at around 10pm. Does anyone here have recent experience with this flight's meal service? Some older posts suggest that the in-flight chef experience was somewhat of a let-down. My wife and I were hoping to have a full dinner to start the flight off. What can we expect? Should we fill up before the flight at the Oasis lounge, which also has mixed reviews?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:22 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by unclemax
In March we will be flying EY 1st class from JFK to AUH, departing at around 10pm. Does anyone here have recent experience with this flight's meal service? Some older posts suggest that the in-flight chef experience was somewhat of a let-down. My wife and I were hoping to have a full dinner to start the flight off. What can we expect? Should we fill up before the flight at the Oasis lounge, which also has mixed reviews?
Definitely better food on board than in the lounge. I would recommend one of the tasting menus.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gold, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Thank you for your insight. I'm particularly interested in knowing whether or not this flight makes use of the in-flight chef or if they have transitioned back to the food and beverage manager. Does anyone have recent experience, and is the Oasis lounge as mediocre as I have heard? Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:53 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thank you for your insight. I'm particularly interested in knowing whether or not this flight makes use of the in-flight chef or if they have transitioned back to the food and beverage manager. Does anyone have recent experience, and is the Oasis lounge as mediocre as I have heard? Thanks!
The in flight chef is a standard feature on all long haul F routes, is it not?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:05 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Should we fill up before the flight at the Oasis lounge, which also has mixed reviews?
Don't make that mistake and have your dinner at the oasis lounge.

Keep your appetite for the food onboard. EY have excellent food in the F cabin something not to miss.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:37 am

Guys

Isn't the chef service the same in 1st and business?
http://www.etihad.com/en-us/experien...d/fine-dining/

Thx
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Had no issues having a full meal on this flight last year. The in flight chef came around, introduced herself and made anything we wanted.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by sam007
Guys

Isn't the chef service the same in 1st and business?
http://www.etihad.com/en-us/experien...d/fine-dining/

Thx
No. The Chef resides in F, other than their rest period. They prepare all meals and serve them to the pax with the First crew.

Business has a Food & Beverage Manager.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:15 pm

Again, does anybody know if JFK-AUH has an on-board chef and if that's available only on 1st or business too?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Again, does anybody know if JFK-AUH has an on-board chef and if that's available only on 1st or business too?
YES! In first only.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:45 pm

I answered your question?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:04 pm

yup perfectly well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.