Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Does EY have free hotel during long transit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

Heard that EK and QR do even for economy, so just wondering if there is something for EY (economy award issued by AA).
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: Etihad Gold
You get a free hotel if
-It's a stopover and you are flying F or J and have booked it through that special promotion
-You miss your connecting flight due to delays and are stuck in AUH for a period of time that is long enough to spend some time at the hotel.

But not for a Y Award Ticket where you know in advance that there will be a significant wait between flights.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So EY provides free hotel to AA award tickets in F or J if there is a long transit? (even if there is an earlier flight that could have been taken?)
Old Mar 26, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So EY provides free hotel to AA award tickets in F or J if there is a long transit? (even if there is an earlier flight that could have been taken?)
Not if there is an earlier flight which could be taken, the time between available flights needs to be greater then 8 hours - of which there are very few.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Not if there is an earlier flight which could be taken, the time between available flights needs to be greater then 8 hours - of which there are very few.
Strangely, I just called Etihad and they noted in my record that I was eligible for a hotel (Despite their being an earlier flight). Might I be denied now despite them saying that I am eligible and it being noted in the record?

What hotel do they typically give F pax?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:02 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Every time I have had a STPC, I've stayed in a different hotel. Most have been on Yas Island. They all have been very nice, some nicer than others.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
I'm flying LHR-AUH-MLE with around 13hr layover. booked with AA , is this available for a hotel stay?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
I'm flying LHR-AUH-MLE with around 13hr layover. booked with AA , is this available for a hotel stay?
No STPC on any redemption, even if this was using EY miles.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edy4eva
No STPC on any redemption, even if this was using EY miles.

So strange that this is not what the EY agent said. But, it seems more likely, I will report back with what happens to me next week.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Starbucks Gold, CO Op gold
I cannot comment on Award tickets, I recently had a 13 hour layover flying J so I used the Hala Abu Dhabi service, and stayed in the Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi. They didnt provide transport to and from the hotel but did provide breakfast.

If you email them regardless of what class you still might be able to get like some cheaper deal where you would pay but wont be too expensive.

https://www.etihad.com/en-us/hala-abu-dhabi/
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:17 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Assume nothing has changed here (ie 21 hour layover on a AA award, EY metal in J = no free layover hotel)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.