Wiki Posts
Search

Retro credit of flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Retro credit of flights

I am hoping someone here might be able to assist me.

I recently (2 months ago) had to take a last minute flight on EY/VA from SYD via AUH back to LHR. As I literally purchased the ticket at the airport before getting onto the flight, I did not have time to sign up to Etihad Guest. I also was unable to sign up to Virgin Australia as I am a UK resident.

I am now trying to get retro credit for the last 2 months and finally EY has come back denying my claim as I did not join the programme prior to my flights.

Has anyone ever managed to get EY to give them retro credit? I my case I joined the programme two days later so a little surprised at their response. Any hints or tips would be appreciated.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
I had a similar issue back in April with my some miles for my Son. They replied to my claim with a response stating that he wasnt a member proir to the flight and there was nothing else they could do. At the time they had a policy of allowing retro claims for upto three months. A simple reply quoting the section from their policy was enough for them to give me the miles owed.

Unfortunately things have changed. I have just checked the TC's & C's and it appears they no longer allow retro claims:

"Guests may claim miles for flights on Etihad Airways from their date of enrolment date onwards. All claims for retroactive non flight credit should be forwarded by you to the relevant Etihad Guest Partner within six months of the transaction in question."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.