Search

Business Reward Seat downgrade to Econ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH/CX Diamond, VA/IC/A-Club Plat, UA/SPG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Unhappy Business Reward Seat downgrade to Econ

Hi

I had booked two business reward seats from AMM-AUH approx 6 months ago only to find the other day that the flight has been downgraded to Economy only cabin.

The EY phone agent offered alternative dates, but my times and dates are not flexible and best offer was 8 hours earlier.
When I said that wouldn't work he only offered the points diff of Y-J back.

My travel insurance doesn’t cover such events, so no luck there.

Has anyone had similar experiences and what should I expect.

Best case put on an alternative carrier RJ or EK at simular times.

Or, I was thinking to propose keep full J points and offer limo service each end as normal and block middle seat of three, so there is some degree of comfort... would this be feasible?

thanks
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:13 am

Won't work, just take the points.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
Won't work, just take the points.
Agreed. I'm assuming you don't hold status with EY if you've been downgraded? I'd have all the points refunded and fly with someone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.