Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Questions on dining options for flights in F (plus more)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Hello all,

I'm considering redeeming miles for a flight from AUH to Europe and have questions regarding dining options in F.

1. Basically, what meals are served on flights departing at the following times to LHR:

EY11: 02:35
EY19: 08:30
EY17: 13:30

As I'm not particularly constrained by time and I want to have as comprehensive an experience as possible (mostly for a trip report!), I would prefer to take the flight which has the best food service. I'm presuming it would be the flight departing at 13:30, with a full lunch service? How is the flight at 02:35 - is it just light snacks?

2. Also, what is the food like in the lounge? And how do the offerings differ by time of the day - less elaborate after a certain time, for example?

3. And the other thing is, I am aware that the onboard chef (which I found less than glowing reports about) is onboard flights to LHR - is the menu different for the flights to CDG, presumably with no onboard chef?

4. Finally, if the difference in miles do make a difference but not a very big one (i.e. I'll be buying AA miles either way but the difference in cost from miles required is not the end of the world), would I be crazy to consider redeeming in J instead? Strangely, people seem to be more satisfied in J than F - maybe a result of being more cost effective.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:26 pm

I thought for AUH-LHR, on demand dining is served on all flights. So you would have an exhaustive menu where you chose what you like whenever. Check out the trip reports in F here and you'll find the menus pretty much similar.
As far as the F lounge in AUH is concerned, it is also on demand dining too.

As far as difference between J and F, well apart from the seating, separate lounge area and the increase weight allowance it is pretty much the same. For a 7 hour sector I doubt it will be THAT much different, specially if the loads are light in J.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 6:13 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The Skychefs take breaks, however outside of these you should be able to order on demand. On SYD-AUH they take a 5 hour break!

The food in the F lounge is significantly better. I recall a breakfast menu in the morning, and a different menu for lunch and dinner.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Can anyone confirm that EY11 dep. 02:35 has the same meal options as the other flights? I'm booked on EY11 and want to make sure I get to experience the dinner service.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: UA GS, AA ExP
Originally Posted by Aspirant
Can anyone confirm that EY11 dep. 02:35 has the same meal options as the other flights? I'm booked on EY11 and want to make sure I get to experience the dinner service.
Slightly different question...How much taxes did you have to pay for the ticket? I was looking at LHR-AUH in F, and didn't find any availability, so booked CDG-AUH( with roughly $60 in taxes). I would switch back to LHR-AUH (subject to availability) for number of different reasons, however I am curious about the taxes.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Flew MEL-AUH in F and AUH-DUB in J the other day, and ordered a steak sandwich from Dine Anytime on both legs. The J version, it was rubbery and tough, didn't eat it. The F version was significantly better, restaurant quality, done by the Chef.

Regarding the cabin, I much prefer F. I really like the doors.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by akhibhag
Slightly different question...How much taxes did you have to pay for the ticket? I was looking at LHR-AUH in F, and didn't find any availability, so booked CDG-AUH( with roughly $60 in taxes). I would switch back to LHR-AUH (subject to availability) for number of different reasons, however I am curious about the taxes.
Premium passenger taxes out of the UK are insanely high (you'll be looking at many hundreds of $s), stay with CDG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.