Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Guest Members can now Earn and Redeem Miles on American Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Guest Members can now Earn and Redeem Miles on American Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: All of Them
Redemption table for using Etihad miles on AA flights about mirrors AA's table for OneWorld partner redemptions. I earned 70k Etihad miles on NRT-AUH-MLE-AUH-NRT in F/J and earned almost 3 roundtrip domestic AA tickets.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Emerald Executive
Fee/Surcharge while using etihad miles

I am new to the Etihad Guest Miles and wanted to know what kind of fees/surcharges should I expect while redeeming them? I read at a bunch of places that they charge fees/surcharge for redeeming on partners as well (who do not charge much themselves).

Can someone please share their experience? I look forward to redeem EY miles on AA (domestic & international).

-aa
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: SK, LH
can Etihad miles be used to book AA domestic sector?
the redemption page shows blank for North America to North America

edit: found the answer
ignore
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:41 pm

Has anyone booked the open U space on an AA three cabin trans-con more than 14 days out and then got Etihad Guest to change that award when Z space opened within 14 days of departure? I will also attempt to be my own data point for this if the stars align.
Old May 27, 2021, 2:45 pm

Over the past week I’ve made three separate bookings for AA Z class on JFK-LAX flights via a mix of call centers. One time when I had been connected to the Philippines call center, the agent could not see the 9PM flight I was seeking because there were a number of earlier flights and it wouldn’t show on her screen as a later option. I called back and was able to book with a different center. Miles needed for Z class were quoted each time as 25K one way.
Old May 31, 2021, 2:17 pm

I need to fly from INDIA to LAX on EY by redeeming AA miles. I looked into AA.com but nothing showing up. I looked at EY website, there are many options for Economy. Which Economy option in EY website is eligible for booking using AA miles ? If I remember correctly, there used to be a 'Guest' economy miles pricing on EY which qualifies for a AA redemption. I dont see that option anymore on EY.

Appreciate advise.
Old May 31, 2021, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftbargain
I need to fly from INDIA to LAX on EY by redeeming AA miles. I looked into AA.com but nothing showing up. I looked at EY website, there are many options for Economy. Which Economy option in EY website is eligible for booking using AA miles? If I remember correctly, there used to be a 'Guest' economy miles pricing on EY which qualifies for a AA redemption. I dont see that option anymore on EY.

Appreciate advise.
The AA forum has a dedicated EY thread for using AA ff miles--->Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY (master thread July 2017 onwards)
Award availability can vary depending on the ffp you want to use
Have you looked at other AA ff partners? QR BA? CX?, but would be subject to the visa, CV19 regulations etc.
ftbargain likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
The AA forum has a dedicated EY thread for using AA ff miles--->Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY (master thread July 2017 onwards)
Award availability can vary depending on the ffp you want to use
Have you looked at other AA ff partners? QR BA? CX?, but would be subject to the visa, CV19 regulations etc.
Thank you buddy
Old Jul 22, 2021, 12:20 pm

what's the best use for Etihad miles? I find the emirates skywards more reliable ion finding award space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.