Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone else done this!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2009, 3:28 am
Original Poster

anyone else done this!!!!

My friend has just got back from dxb. He informed me that on the way out to get his connecting flight to j'burgh, he left the buisness lounge, went down in the lift, but got out on the wrong floor (he said their was no sings to tell him what floor to get off). When he got out of the lift, he started walking along a glass corridor, and walked straight into a glass pannel (they had to get a paramedic to him). He continued his journey, but his face was all swollen, on the flight he met another person who had done the same thing (also swollen face!!). Has anyone else out there had this problem. I am due to fly first time emerates later this year, and will be in the first lounge, is there an issue with signs in the lift, as to which floor to get out, or is it obvious, and my friend is just a plonka!!!.

Thans paula
Old Jul 19, 2009, 4:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
My advice, take the escalator at the side of the lift, you cannot go wrong!
Old Jul 19, 2009, 4:30 am

Programs: pants
Originally Posted by Down_the_back
My advice, take the escalator at the side of the lift, you cannot go wrong!
Well... after a few drinks its just as easy to roll down the escalator

Never walked in to glass, but have triped over the squeaky/loose wooden floor panels in the J lounge at EK once. A bit was sticking out and shoe got stuck in it. But in all fairness... was walking fast, writing sms, dragging a bag and generally not paying attention. In retrospect must have been funny for people who saw it happen.

Wonder if they use the security camera footage from these accidents at staff parties set to bad 80s pop... to entertain the staff
Old Jul 19, 2009, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Heeeee Heeeee i will show my friend the above, mind you, it does show that they keep the glass very very very clean.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The "Save the Humans Coalition" will soon be adding little black stickers in the shape of humans to prevent people from breaking their necks when flying into the glass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.