Community
Wiki Posts
Search

first class showers

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2009, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Cool first class showers

Hi I am pushing the boat out, and going first class in November london to J'burgh. The first leg is on the 380.

Can somone who has used the showers, tell me the best way to get the allotted time you want, ( about 11/2 hours before landing). I am not sure if you have to grabbed a member of staff as soon as you board and pin them down till they give you the time you want, or do you do it through this wireless thing that seems to control everything in the suit!!!!. Cheers Paula
Old May 7, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
You will be asked by the purser/stewardess when (s)he passes through the cabin to ask for your meal choices. When class is fully booked you might want to approach the purser right after boarding to secure your favourite shower time. If the load is low, you should have plenty of time slot choices (depending on flight time of course).

Make sure to have the shower session ! To me it was one of the very few real treats in air travel nowadays on my way to SYD. Shower session followed by a glass of Dom and watching the morning sun rising on your video screen (tail camera view) while listening to Duffy's "Stepping Stone" in your Suite is simply a dreamlike experience :-:
Old May 7, 2009, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ngfan
You will be asked by the purser/stewardess when (s)he passes through the cabin to ask for your meal choices. When class is fully booked you might want to approach the purser right after boarding to secure your favourite shower time. If the load is low, you should have plenty of time slot choices (depending on flight time of course).

Make sure to have the shower session ! To me it was one of the very few real treats in air travel nowadays on my way to SYD. Shower session followed by a glass of Dom and watching the morning sun rising on your video screen (tail camera view) while listening to Duffy's "Stepping Stone" in your Suite is simply a dreamlike experience :-:

thanks for that, I will book with the purser even if it is not full, hey if I do a few laps of the plane, maybe I can have two showers. I really hope they do not change the plane last minute, other wise it will be a hose pipe job!!!!
Old May 7, 2009, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Definitely worth trying the shower experience. I did it LHR-DXB the other day for the first time. There are 2 showers for 14 people so there is plenty of time for everyone. Be warned, you only get 5 minutes of water so there is not much time to hang about!
Old May 8, 2009, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Do the hunky male stewards offer to scrub the ladies back!!!. suppose not, o well, will just have to make do with a lovely shower. O do they have shower caps for us girlies, that have spent a lot of money getting are hair done!!.
Old May 8, 2009, 1:28 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by paula100
Do the hunky male stewards offer to scrub the ladies back!!!. suppose not, o well, will just have to make do with a lovely shower. O do they have shower caps for us girlies, that have spent a lot of money getting are hair done!!.
Hunky & Male Stewards are not words you normally hear together. I doubt most of the stewards would be interested in women

Cheers,
Rick
Old May 9, 2009, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Hunky & Male Stewards are not words you normally hear together. I doubt most of the stewards would be interested in women

Cheers,
Rick
MMmmmmm o well looks like a good movie and a couple of bottles of don!!!, are their any shower caps in the spa shower, or is it worth packing my own.
Old May 9, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
But you will see that it says on the shower door "maximum occupancy 2" - someone had something in mind!
Old May 9, 2009, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by MarkLHR
But you will see that it says on the shower door "maximum occupancy 2" - someone had something in mind!
thx for that mind you i did mean SHOWER CAP..... you know for your HEAD, and not the other kinda cap!!!!!

cheers paula
Old May 9, 2009, 3:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think I remember seeing shower caps in the basket of amenities.
Old May 9, 2009, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by MarkLHR
I don't remember seeing that. I have gone through my pics from my recent flight (AKL-SYD) and couldn't find that either.
Old May 10, 2009, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by edy4eva
I don't remember seeing that. I have gone through my pics from my recent flight (AKL-SYD) and couldn't find that either.
Pics can be found here:

http://file1.npage.de/003574/19/bilder/a380-f-08.jpg

http://emirates-fan.npage.de/first_class_81792542.html

In practice, no couples allowed in one spa room.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Cool

Pics can be found here:

thanks, just a thought is their loos also serperate from the loos in the spa room, I hope so, other wise if they are occupied for 1/2hr at a time, I can see me sprinting to buisness class after a couple of bottles of dom!!!
Old May 10, 2009, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Cool

Pics can be found here:

thanks, just a thought are their loos also seperate from the loos in the spa room, I hope so, other wise if they are occupied for 1/2hr at a time, I can see me sprinting to buisness class after a couple of bottles of dom!!!
Old May 10, 2009, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by paula100
thanks, just a thought is their loos also serperate from the loos in the spa room, I hope so, other wise if they are occupied for 1/2hr at a time, I can see me sprinting to buisness class after a couple of bottles of dom!!!
There's a FC restroom with window behind seat 4K/door 1R u/d in the galley area. It's a tight outfit though, spa room feels like a presidential suite in comparison.

On the seatmap that restroom looks to be positioned in BC but crew made sure no guest from lowly C entered that restroom...

http://biztravelguru.com/blogs/busin...ap-3-Class.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.