Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Experience of 1st A380 flight DXB - LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience of 1st A380 flight DXB - LHR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 1:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Sixt Plat, HHonors Gold
It's generally known that as soon as the EK planes are filled to capacity, service lacks in all classes. I experienced this also numerous times myself, the plane was half full, and service was excellent (on flights in J and Y), and then I had flights filled 100%, and service was poor in Y, and only barely better in J (of course on different flights, in different COS).
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:25 am

Thanks for info....

Originally Posted by gavin_phillips
I travelled on EK001 from DXB to LHR on 13th Dec. I hope the experience you have in Y class is considerably better than I had in J class.

You'll find it's a fantastic aircraft, quiet, comfortable etc.

I would assume that the service you get in Y is the same high standard which EK generally achieve. However in J I experienced unbelievably poor and very slow service. I can now see the reason for the bar at the back of the upper deck - it's the only way you'll get a drink or something to eat within a reasonable amount of time!

My view is that there isn't a staffing problem on the equipment, there seemed to be at least 3 crew in each aisle of the J cabin (so 6 in total) whilst doing service, and 2/3 in the galley. The problem is providing minimal food on the cart, and instead running to and from the galley with everything which wasted an enormous amount of time compared to what happens on existing 777/340 equipment.

I would have expected the crew they were using on the A380 to be the best of the best - instead they looked like it was their first day out of training and despite much running around, were totally ineffective.

For novelty value, give the A380 a try. For decent service on what is essentially a short flight which doesn't need a flat bed, go on a tried and tested 777 service instead until they work out how to operate on it properly.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:26 am

Thanks for the information.

Will report back on the experience.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: SA Voyager, Ek Skywards
i was on ek002 on the 30th of december, and itwas truly amazing, just the space in y seat was so much more comfortable than on the 77w,truly amazing experience. service was quick and food delicious but would have been nice to see attendants smile, they truly looked so sad to be on the flight as well as my other sectors
Old Jan 4, 2009, 6:45 pm

Programs: Skywards
A380 flying experience

Flew on EK001 Dec 6th. The plane is fantastic and the dedicated staff both in J and Y were brilliant and friendly (as always). Loads of extra room not just in seats but also to stand around, especially at the back end of the Y class, near the crew sleeping quarters and stairway.

Food unfortunately was typically EK......

Am scheduled to fly on the EK004 J class at the weekend so lets see if the return is any different.

PJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.