Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates in LGW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
Emirates in LGW

Hi all,

I've been looking for such information but couldn't find any on the forum, hence this new thread ...

I will be flying Emirates to Bangalore via Dubai from LGW in Feb 09 and I was wondering what to expect in the airport.

I flew them from LHR last year and everything was perfect. Check-in, fast track security, lounge, boarding ...

Can I expect the same kind of level in Gatwick ?

I'm flying on EK016 on the way out and it looks like I would have the new refurbished interior with the lie-flat seats in J, is that still right ?

Thanks ever so much in advance for sharing your experiences on the above.

While I'm there, are Emirates passengers able to use the lounge in Bangalore as well ?

Julmops

Last edited by julmops; Oct 29, 2008 at 9:35 am
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:23 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

There's a dedicated Emirates lounge at LGW. I've not used it, but it should be similar to LHR and other outstations.

There is a lounge in the new airport at BLR. However, when I was there (just after opening) is was a bit 'all over the place', so I retired to the sports bar outside It should be OK now.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:31 am

LGW in J

I have flown thru LGW in J and found it fine. Had to wait until circa 3-3.5 hours before departure for the desk to open if I remember rightly. Phone skywards for details of time. Check in smooth, fast track thru security. Lounge up to the best emirates standards, well stocked and attentive staff. We were on an old 330 but it was fine apart from that. Depends on your aircraft - check emirates site for the detail on that.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:04 am

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
The EK lounge at LGW is really good far better and more spacious than LHR. If you only have a small amount of carry on luggage wait untill the last minute for boarding. This saves you from the scrum that normally occurs outside the departure gate. They only have priority boarding inside the daprture area not outside the gate.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 12:26 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Virgin Blue, United, Qantas
I agree - I prefer Emirates LGW lounge to the one at LHR - it is very big, well stocked and generally there is loads of room. I flew J on EK16 last week and it was the newer configuration with lie-flat pod seats.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
Thanks everybody for all your posts !! Much appreciated.

I will profit of the Chauffeur Drive as well, any idea when they would pick you up for a 1.40pm departure ?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 5:17 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
NB: EK16 is by far the busiest flight out of LGW. Exclusively B777, almost always -300ER.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyboy777
NB: EK16 is by far the busiest flight out of LGW. Exclusively B777, almost always -300ER.
So it seems it's most definitely the best bet to get new J seats, isn't it ?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 6:27 am

and LHR ?

does anyone know if the EK004 gets upgraded equipment on occaision ? eg lie flat in J. I am going on the 22nd Nov and it looks quite full already?
Old Oct 31, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by julmops
So it seems it's most definitely the best bet to get new J seats, isn't it ?
Yes

Originally Posted by Jerseylily
does anyone know if the EK004 gets upgraded equipment on occaision ? eg lie flat in J. I am going on the 22nd Nov and it looks quite full already?
EK004 is the first evening Heathrow flight and is also B77W. Should be lie-flats^
Old Nov 2, 2008, 6:49 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, BA Executive Club Gold, AA Advantage Gold, VS Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by flyboy777
Yes

EK004 is the first evening Heathrow flight and is also B77W. Should be lie-flats^
Incorrect. EK004 does not have lie-flats currently.

The route is scheduled to switch over to lie-flats in J, and suites in F on 1 Feb 2009.

Rgds
Emirates777
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Gold, QR Silver, HH Diamond
Hi Julmops!

Can I expect the same kind of level in Gatwick ?
Actually the Gatwick lounge is by far the best EK lounge I have ever been in. It is gigantic and very plush. Also has showers. I am not sure who budgeted for the lounge, or quite why they decided to spend so much money. Arrive nice and early and get stuck in.

It also looks that by Feb09 the current ancient A332s might be gone.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 2:21 am

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Originally Posted by MrSoft
Hi Julmops!

Actually the Gatwick lounge is by far the best EK lounge I have ever been in. It is gigantic and very plush. Also has showers. I am not sure who budgeted for the lounge, or quite why they decided to spend so much money. Arrive nice and early and get stuck in.

It also looks that by Feb09 the current ancient A332s might be gone.
Never thought of comparing to T1 at DBX but I agree, it is better by miles than the 1st and business class lounges in Dubai.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by julmops
Thanks everybody for all your posts !! Much appreciated.

I will profit of the Chauffeur Drive as well, any idea when they would pick you up for a 1.40pm departure ?
In my experience they will book a car to get you there around 2hrs before departure. Not sure how long they would allow for the M25 factor although you have alternatives so I would reckon on a 10.30-11am pickup assuming you're coming from Reading.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.