Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New J 77W seats

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
New J 77W seats

Im sure this has been asked before, So yes, I searched but couldnt find!

I have booked J CHC-SYD next April, on EK419, a 777-300ER bound for Dubai via BKK.

Obviously the switch has been made with EK418/419 from AKL-SYD-BKK-DXB and EK412/413 CHC-SYD-DXB.

With this in mind, will my 777-300ER have the new seats with the 19" Screen (I booked on the assumption it would, silly me!!)

I presumed that Emirates is eventually upgrading all the 777-300ERs to have the new seats, and April 09 is a while off yet- But I want to check so I dont get my expectations up!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:42 am

Check the EK website - what seats are offered on my flights function or whatever it is called (there are links from the schedules/flying with us sections I think). If they say deeply reclining seats in J then you have the old cradles; if lie-flat sleepers then obviously you have the lie-flat sleepers!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:58 am
Original Poster

I just checked.

For the Date im flying, it wont give me any answer, though if I check for early February when it starts flying, it says "Deep Recline"

Its a long, long time away, surely they will have upgraded by then. I will be more than disappointed if I end up flying the older seats! I just knew I should have gone A380!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:00 am

EK's website is somewhat unreliable. Given that EK announced last year they will be standarising their long haul J seats, it is fairly reasonable to expect that by at least next year they would have phased out their deeply reclining seats.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:02 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Is the seat that important for a 3:20 flight?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Well no, Im not going to be sleeping...

But, when you dont fly that regularly internationally, and you have been saving your points for a wee while, you really want to get the best for your money, or points in this case.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Now the EK website is back up.

I can search up until the 28th March 09, and it says Deep Recline.

From the 29th Onwards, it says, cannot display information blah blah. Is this a sign its changing to the flat beds, or is it just that the system only displays information so far ahead.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:05 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
They change to summer schedule on 29 March.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:58 am

Programs: Skywards,Qantas,Milageplus.
Deep recline into the seat behide you its a pain.

I fly 419 and 418 all the time and would not use points to upgrade to these poor seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.