Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates announces delivery date for A380

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards

I found this on jetphotos.net:

Emirates Airline (Dubai), the largest customer of the Airbus A380 Superjumbo, will receive its first delivery of the aircraft on July 28, 2008, after a two-year wait caused by production delays. The long-awaited unveiling of the Emirates A380 interior, rumoured to include lavish features such as onboard showers, will be revealed during a ceremony at Airbus’s Hamburg factory.
“The A380, with its large capacity and excellent operating economics, will be one of the pillars of Emirates’s future growth,” said Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed, the chairman and chief executive of the Emirates Group. Emirates has 58 of the aircraft on order, worth an estimated $18.8 billion USD at list prices. Airbus has promised to deliver the first five A380s to Emirates in the airline’s fiscal year ending in March 2009. The aircraft will all be outfitted in a three-class configuration of 489 seats, with 14 seats in first class, 76 in business, and 399 in economy.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 7:13 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
Great ! I might be in Dubai then so I hope there's going to be some sort of ceremony for the open public as well ! I can't wait to see what the interior will be like !
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire), VS Silver, Skywards Blue, UA General, Qantas Bronze.
Emirates to Receive its First A380 on 28th July from Hamburg

Emirates has already announced plans to deploy its first A380 aircraft on its routes from Dubai to New York, London Heathrow and Sydney-Auckland; and will shortly announce details of its first commercial A380 service.

Full details on Emirates Website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.