Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Lounge at JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 4:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Maybe US immigration policy has impacted the availability of construction labour?
Old May 29, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Maybe US immigration policy has impacted the availability of construction labour?
More likely, officials at the Port Authority have not been appropriately paid off.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Fagin
Anything new here, got to believe something unexpected has caused this excessive delay. From early 18 to June at best is just crazy.....
I would say it's fairly typical, although I don't know the reasons behind it.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:07 am

Emirates is changing their caterer as well and they want to start on a full month. I'm surprised that Do&Co is not there anymore.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: EK, JP
Just flew out of JFK last night on F. Still no lounge. OK, that's not the worst bit. What is appalling is the "lies" at check-in. I was given a 55USD Meal Voucher and was told by EK staff at Check in that it can also be used at Duty Free. Went and picked up a bottle of Whiskey and when I handed the voucher to the cashier, they said they dont accept it. When I told her that EK staff said it is valid for purchase, she said that EK has been falsely telling their pax the same thing and it was getting to be an issue with the Duty Free staff. SO beware, the Meal voucher is not valid at JFK Duty Free. You can use it at Hudson News Outlets though, but again, only for eatables and drinks, not merchandise.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Everyone needs to start complaining to Emirates this is absolutely unacceptable for a place that has 3 or 4 A380 departures a day!
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by captdini737
Just flew out of JFK last night on F. Still no lounge. OK, that's not the worst bit. What is appalling is the "lies" at check-in. I was given a 55USD Meal Voucher and was told by EK staff at Check in that it can also be used at Duty Free. Went and picked up a bottle of Whiskey and when I handed the voucher to the cashier, they said they dont accept it. When I told her that EK staff said it is valid for purchase, she said that EK has been falsely telling their pax the same thing and it was getting to be an issue with the Duty Free staff. SO beware, the Meal voucher is not valid at JFK Duty Free. You can use it at Hudson News Outlets though, but again, only for eatables and drinks, not merchandise.
That is really surprising as the check-in staff have been very explicit in stating that the vouchers are good for food only, not Duty Free. That was the first thing I checked when I the lounge closed last year . Pity that the JFK lounge is still not open though - very very sloppy on EKs part.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum
Update?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by thomasincharge5
Update?
Being a US resident the EK page still greets me with a popup of "The JFK Lounge is closed... get a voucher..."
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Being a US resident the EK page still greets me with a popup of "The JFK Lounge is closed... get a voucher..."
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
This is getting beyond ridiculous - by now they could have totally demolished and rebuilt that part of the terminal. Has anyone managed to get some updated information?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta FO
Still nothing?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Rumor has it that EK plans to reopen the lounge in Q3 of this year.
atlocal likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn
Rumor has it that EK plans to reopen the lounge in Q3 of this year.
Flying out on 18 August, holding thumbs..
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I'm flying JFK-SIN in Business Class departing September 8 and will be very disappointed if the lounge is not open, But, as a New Yorker, I can say that it's totally unsurprising that the problem may be getting the permits required to reopen from NYC. Getting any kind of permit out of the City is an infuriating process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.