Search

AKL-BNE-AKL in first

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2007, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX M&M
AKL-BNE-AKL in first

hey everybody,

i just grabbed a seat, flying first class to Brisbane.
I paid less then 1200NZ$ for those two flights. What can i expect on these flights??

Am i able to use the chauffeur service provided to First class travellers?
I have seen that the plane is an Boeing 777 (ER) or not? How are the seats on this planes??

Im also interested in terms of food i can expect, any good champagne on offer???

I would appreciate your help..

cheers Sam
Old Oct 8, 2007, 8:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes limo transfers departing Auckland, arriving Brisbane, departing Brisbane and arriving Auckland. You need to pre-arrange (48 hours before?).

The seats are old style but comfortable enough. No suite.

Food is okay but not stunning. AKL-BNE is dinner and BNE-AKL is either breakfast or lunch I forget which. It's been a while since I've flown this so I can't help with the champagne.

At Auckland you can pre-clear immigration (using officer at far left hand end of check ins) to save time upstairs. The AKL lounge is okay but gets busy. BNE lounge is reasonable too (and not so busy).

I once got locked into the BNE EK lounge!
Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Assuming your flight is relatively soon, you will have the old non-lie flat F seats. Come February, however, the BNE-AKL-BNE route will receive 777-300ERs (currently 777-300s are being used) with a full flat bed in First.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I once got locked into the BNE EK lounge!
As long as there was plenty of food and drink, I wouldn't mind

Cheers,
Old Oct 8, 2007, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX M&M
Thx. for helping me out...
Any idea what kind of food i can expect? I think it should be the same then on those flight to to Syd and Mel.

Cheers,
Old Oct 14, 2007, 12:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Star Alliance Gold
Hi

AKL-BNE food is dinner as above. expect the usual seven courses plus the dates and coffee. the pasta I had recently was a bit rough (kinda reminds me of boarding school style). coming home, you'll get a nice brekky with some good cheese...maybe some mezze too. Given the IFE is rubbish, I'd suggest ample pre drinks in the EK AKL lounge and then booze it up on board....seems to pass the time I saw these fares online too...good deal at NZ$1180 but I didn't have the time slot free from my clients...another time.

Enjoy!

cw
Old Oct 15, 2007, 4:35 pm

Programs: Asian Club *g, AC Aeroplan, EK Skywards, QF Frequent Flyer, Velocity VA, Hilton Honors Diamond
This past week I flew F SYD-AKl-SYD. Great crew and flights. I had the mini bar seats with divider and ample room for such a short flight, ICE was fantastic as always (except AKL-SYD which had to be re-started 3 times!)
SYD lounge fantastic and Auckland lounge very good as well, though does get busy with 3 flights (our SYD flight was delayed one hour so made lounge even busier as 3 flights were there at once).
Slippers and eye shades are given out in F.
Crews fantastic all sectors. Food better on the evening flight to Australia and the Dom flowed freely. You will not go hungry, try and have the soup offered the best I have had in the sky! Arabic coffees, chocolates etc all help make it a First experience
Chauffeaur drive a great way to start and end the trips in both directions make sure you take advantage of it.
F passemgers in SYD get use of Fast Track customs and in Auckland you even have a agent next to the F check in and again a preclear fats track service, very nice.
All in all a great taster of Emirtaes F product as I have done both other classes long haul, I could nearly have stayed on board to Dubai to enjoy more, well maybe thats for next time!
Have a great time and let us know how you go.
SYD/YYZ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.