Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by svtbrown
Hi - I normally fly on a 777-300ER . In first, on the A380 where is NOT noisy, where is good ? I am bit confused with the 380 / 340. I keep reading about bars and came across someone writing about Beyonce at the bar ... but I would like peace/quiet. In 777-300ER I sit in 2A/2K.
Thank you .
WELCOME TO FLYER TALK!

We have taken 4 flights in F on the EK 380. The front bar is really not that active. There is some activity in the front for the showers and the shower attendents. I think you will be happy in 2a or 3a or 2k or 3k. I avoid 1a-1k.
I have booked 3K and I am happy with that seat choice.

Happy trails!
Old Oct 11, 2009, 3:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue
a 380

any takes on the A380 seat 52k? Zone d? Flying economy class
Old Oct 15, 2009, 6:34 am

MAN-DXB-HKG

I was just wondering what the power ports are like on the 777-300ER, because my laptop is from the UK and hence has the 3-pin power connection, so wanted to know if i needed to buy a converter beforehand so that i can charge my laptop on the plane.

also the emirates website says:

"An in-seat power supply and a USB connection allow passengers to view videos and pictures from their laptops or portable devices"

when searching through google i found that alot of people were saying that you could view pictures but not movies? because i would have loved to thrown a few divx movies onto a USB and watch them on the seat screen instead of the laptop screen.

Thanks Guys
Old Oct 21, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
777-300ER bulkhead seating

So I've taken a few EK flights on the 777-300ER this year, and I always try and get the first row in Y. I find that you can put your legs up against the divider and that makes the flight a lot more comfortable. So anyway, this worked fine on all the flights I've taken so far, (a couple of flights to SIN, and one to DEL) except the latest one which was DXB - JFK (EK 203), where I found the leg space to be a lot less. I'll be flying JFK - DXB on EK 204, and was wondering whether I should maybe switch to another row. I'd have thought longer flights would have more leg room (my EK 511 DEL - DXB had so much leg room!). I'm guessing this probably has something to do with the type on J/F seats on the aircraft, but if I remember correctly there have been different J/F seats on different flights. If anyone has any recent experience with this aircraft/ knows what I should expect, I'd appreciate your input.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by context
So seat in row 17 on 777-300ER and 777-300 is not a bulkhead seat?
How is possible reserve row 16? Only at chcekin?
On flight DXB-VIE on 777-300ER are still free seat 17F,G 23E,F 38E,F 46J,K 47A,B - can you recommend the best selection? We are travelling in couple.
On flight BKK-DXB on 777-300 is free 17FG and 38EF.
Thank you!

I must acknowledge that the "manage my booking on EK" displays the correct info. Rows 17 and 38 are bassinet and bulkhead.
We cant try row 47 because we were transferred to row 10
Sorry for late answer
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:19 pm

Programs: American - Gold (1MM), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by PATRICKYUIS
MAN-DXB-HKG

I was just wondering what the power ports are like on the 777-300ER, because my laptop is from the UK and hence has the 3-pin power connection, so wanted to know if i needed to buy a converter beforehand so that i can charge my laptop on the plane.

also the emirates website says:

"An in-seat power supply and a USB connection allow passengers to view videos and pictures from their laptops or portable devices"

when searching through google i found that alot of people were saying that you could view pictures but not movies? because i would have loved to thrown a few divx movies onto a USB and watch them on the seat screen instead of the laptop screen.

Thanks Guys
I do have the same question - can anyone tell me what my power options no a Boeing plane? I can tell that every aisle has power, but I'm just wondering adapter I'll need...
thanks,
Brad
Old Nov 11, 2009, 5:09 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
Hi Everyone,
Just need some info guys. Im flying DXB-Rome on the evening flight on the A330-200. The ek website shows sleeper seats but from my experience on the 330-200 earlier has been the old style seats with a pretty good legroom. I was just wondering if these are upgraded seats. Appreciate your help guys.

Thanks in advance
cheers
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, MR
A380 42K?

Hello,

I spoke with an EK rep to secure seats for my trip (booked through Continental) IAH-DXB. The LHR-DXB portion is the A380, and the agent gave me seat 42K. According to seatguru there is no row 42. I repeated the seat number back to her and she didn't correct me.

Can anyone provide any insight? Is there a row 42? My flight is in early March so I have time to call back; I just want to ensure I have a window seat that is not over the wing. Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:27 pm

EK is about to introduce a second configuration of the A380, i believe the main difference is that there is no crew rest which is on the main deck currently.

From what i see on the seat plan the lavs are being shuffled around too which means they first row will be row 41 as opposed to the current row 43.

I understand these aircraft will be going to London and soon Paris where crew rest is not needed.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 9:51 am

Question Some advice plz?

Hey all, I got a few flights with Emirates coming up in February 2010, can i get some seating advice?

Looking for good window seats in:

A380-800 (Economy) YYZ - DXB
  • So far i have picked: 50A (going) and 58K (return)

and

A330-200 (Economy) DXB - NBO (3-Class there, 2-Class return)
  • So far i have picked: 14K (going) and 20K (return)

Any advice would be appreciated. I assumed window is good, since the flights are long and i can probably sleep against the wall...

P.S. The seats that are marked "green" on seatguru are obviously taken so i am left to pick from the regular ones

Last edited by Ruski1982; Dec 1, 2009 at 11:06 am
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
A380 Business Seating

Have read all through the postings and researched Seatguru and the EK site but still have the following questions.

1. My wife insists on a window seat so we cannot sit together on the A380.
Which of the aisle seats would be best for me (assume that I want to be near her) and which is a decent row for a day flight DXB/BKK
2.Daughter/husband and two kids aged 11 & 5.
Which seat configeration would be best for them to sit together.
(same DXB/BKK flight)
3.Anyone got a link to photos/video of the Business cabin layout.
Thanks
SS
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
Have read all through the postings and researched Seatguru and the EK site but still have the following questions.

1. My wife insists on a window seat so we cannot sit together on the A380.
Which of the aisle seats would be best for me (assume that I want to be near her) and which is a decent row for a day flight DXB/BKK
2.Daughter/husband and two kids aged 11 & 5.
Which seat configeration would be best for them to sit together.
(same DXB/BKK flight)
3.Anyone got a link to photos/video of the Business cabin layout.
Thanks
SS
The inner window seats are very private, which means it isn't going to make a difference which aisle seat you take if you want to have a conversation while seated. Either side of the aisle near her seat would be fine for visiting each others' seats without having to move around the cabin too much (B or D seats).

As for seats together, it's the inner seats in the center (E and F seats).
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Thanks
and I found this-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0QZdZBDVp0
Old Jan 24, 2010, 2:38 am

a 320-200 business class (2class aircraft)

Hi all,

Me and my hubby are flying:
27april2010 136EK Venice-Dubai 3.35pm-23.30pm
04.may2010 135EK Duba-Venice 9.10am-14.00pm

We will be flying on a330-200 in business class, and the aircraft has 2 classes.

We picked 2row A and B seats. What do you think?

Thank you in advance for your reply.....
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: ETIHAD GOLD,EMIRATES GOLD QATAR PLATINUM
glasgow dubai bangkok j class

Hi,
could anybody give me some idea of what to expect in J class on EK028/EK384 28/02/2010 Flying out of Glasgow.Especially seat info on these aircraft as i usually fly f out of london and this will be my first j flight with emirates so any info would be much apreciated.
I am seated EK028-5K-EK384-11K.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.