Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates A380 Business vs First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

So I have been booking Emirates Business Class A380 for the DXB <-> SFO route for my old parent for the last few years. The 2 complaints we have with Emirates Business Class is the bedding that is made available on A380 Business Class with mattress is narrow and one can't change sides.

I was exploring Emirates First Class for the same route on A 380 and wanted to ask how comfortable and wide is the bedding on a Emirates First Class v/s Business class on a A380 for approx.150 lb person?

The other issue is that the food in Emirates Business Class is very bland and not up to the mark (heck, even Emirates Economy Class serves better food). So wanted hot Asian/Indian food -will it be available in Emirates First Class? Do we have to ask the air hostess explicitly to serve hot food? I always book Indian (or Asian) meal option for the ticket; Emirates Business Class happens to serve cold food almost always. Do we ask the air hostess to serve hot food in Emirates Business Class and/or First Class or are they available only in First Class?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
The Gulf between First Class & Business Class is huge, better F&B, much more space & far more comfortable bedding with Dining truly on demand.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:46 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
The bed is more comfortable and you do have more space and privacy but I would not say there is a gulf in class when it comes to the food. It is presented better in F with a few more options but is certainly not a stand out of the F experience. The only place there is a gulf in class in terms of the food is in the F lounges in DXB vs the J lounges and I would suggest maximising this over eating on board.

There are better drinks options but obviously only applicable if you are interested in them.

Not sure about the cold food comment, never really had an issue with that.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Will08
but I would not say there is a gulf in class when it comes to the food. It is presented better in F with a few more options but is certainly not a stand out of the F experience. .
Presumably you do not like Caviar

Dining on demand means you can simply choose anything you want anytime & there is much more choice on the F Menu, of course food in the F lounges is better, not unusual, fresh food compared to reheated.
TravelinWilly likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:36 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
When looking at the menu for EK225 for March 26, F and J have some common menu items:

First:
https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...class=f&view=1
  • Moroccan-style Pacific cod
  • Roasted chicken
  • Tandoori lobster
  • Beef biryani
  • Harissa cauliflower with pomodoro

Business:
https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...class=j&view=1

• Lamb Bukhari
  • Tandoori lobster
  • Roasted chicken
Will08 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL DM
Slightly off topic, but the same subject line... I've been looking at flights and was wondering if it's possible to use to miles to upgrade a ticket from biz to F that was already upgraded using miles from Y (flex plus if that matters)
thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sant
When looking at the menu for EK225 for March 26, F and J have some common menu items:

First:
https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...class=f&view=1
  • Moroccan-style Pacific cod
  • Roasted chicken
  • Tandoori lobster
  • Beef biryani
  • Harissa cauliflower with pomodoro

Business:
https://www.emirates.com/us/english/...class=j&view=1
  • Lamb Bukhari
  • Tandoori lobster
  • Roasted chicken
Yes, that is common but you get different sides in F & of course the Caviar & Cheese etc.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:50 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, that is common but you get different sides in F & of course the Caviar & Cheese etc.
And the shower of course...
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 3:51 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
Slightly off topic, but the same subject line... I've been looking at flights and was wondering if it's possible to use to miles to upgrade a ticket from biz to F that was already upgraded using miles from Y (flex plus if that matters)
thanks!
No it is not. 1 cabin upgrade from the original class of booking only
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:16 am

Programs: DL DM
thank you!

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
However... you may be able to do it onboard if there are seats available. I've done it a couple of times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.