Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Promo: Do Emirates City Check-in for Bonus Tier Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex

This seems like an easy way to earn Tier Miles if you are traveling from DXB July 15 to August 15:

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...us-tier-miles/

This summer, you can fast track to the next tier with 20% of the Tier Miles you need to move up to Silver or maintain your elite tier membership. Simply check in at the Emirates City Check‑in and Travel Store in ICD Brookfield Place in DIFC to earn Tier Miles at check‑in.

Avoid the summer travel rush at the airport. Check in for your flight or drop your bags easily and conveniently as early as 24 hours and up to 4 hours before departure. There are many ways to check in at Emirates City Check‑in and Travel Store. You can use our self check‑in and baggage drop kiosks. Let Sara, our robot check‑in assistant, guide you through the process. Or drop by the check‑in desks to speak to our friendly agents.

And once you’ve checked in, you’ll earn 5,000 bonus Tier Miles as an Emirates Skywards Blue or Silver member. 10,000 bonus Tier Miles as a Gold member, and 30,000 bonus Tier Miles as a Platinum member.

Add your membership number to your booking now to fast track to Silver tier membership just by checking in at Emirates City Check‑in and Travel Store.

This offer is valid from 15 July until 15 August 2023.
JTPictureman likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 6:56 am

30000 Tier Miles for one flight?!
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 6:24 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
30000 Tier Miles for one flight?!
Thats quite a bonus for something as easy as checking in!
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:12 pm

I think I’m definitely going to extend a transit into a stopover for that!

Wonder if it will carry over if I unlock the tier mile carry over benefit…
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 9:43 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
I just tried to check in from DIFC, few things to note.

1. make sure you bring your paasport (no brainer for visitors, but mine was unfortunately home). The agent could theoretically check you in with your skywards number.
2. Do not check in online ! You cannot cancel your check in, nor can the agent. if you checked in online you will not get the bonus tier miles
3. if driving, park on the lot behind limestone house and cut through ritz Carlton / icd Brookfield place, it beats dealing with difc traffic, and is much cheaper than underground parking.
4. There is no emirates free wifi in the checkin area.
5. The agent said this offer is not valid for Ajman check in

JTPictureman and extramileage like this.

Last edited by BA Humbug; Jul 18, 2023 at 9:49 am
Old Jul 19, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by BA Humbug
I just tried to check in from DIFC, few things to note.

1. make sure you bring your paasport (no brainer for visitors, but mine was unfortunately home). The agent could theoretically check you in with your skywards number.
2. Do not check in online ! You cannot cancel your check in, nor can the agent. if you checked in online you will not get the bonus tier miles
3. if driving, park on the lot behind limestone house and cut through ritz Carlton / icd Brookfield place, it beats dealing with difc traffic, and is much cheaper than underground parking.
4. There is no emirates free wifi in the checkin area.
5. The agent said this offer is not valid for Ajman check in

do all passengers need to be there and do you need to drop bags? I don’t mind popping in to check in but luggage will be collected by home check in - doing this solely for the tier points
Old Jul 19, 2023, 11:31 am
formerly mattking2000

Originally Posted by m3red
do all passengers need to be there and do you need to drop bags? I don’t mind popping in to check in but luggage will be collected by home check in - doing this solely for the tier points
1. All passengers need to be present as they do the document/ID match
2. I didn't have bags to drop, but the couple in front of me asked if they could check in additional baggage at the airport if they went shopping later, and the agent said yes as long as it was within the limit. Not sure how it will work with home pick up.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:13 pm
formerly mattking2000

Bonus just posted for ICD check-in, 1 day after flight, thanks OP for the heads up!

If anyone has ideas for 50k tier miles to get me up to Platinum within the next 5 weeks, I'm all ears ...

Last edited by BA Humbug; Jul 23, 2023 at 1:18 pm
Old Jul 23, 2023, 4:08 pm

Bonus just posted for ICD check-in, 1 day after flight, thanks OP for the heads up!

If anyone has ideas for 50k tier miles to get me up to Platinum within the next 5 weeks, I'm all ears ...
Reposition to Europe, do Europe-Asia in F twice.

or do a lot of Y flying…
Old Jul 26, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond

I've been looking for 'good value' fares for EK tier miles these last couple of days as I'm trying to re-qualify for renewal. I reckon the best deal I found was MNL -> BOS return in J flex plus for US$ 3,500 which nets approx. 36,000 tier miles.
Ended up booking ARN->BKK in J Saver for roughly the same cost but only 15,000 tier miles as I couldn't bother with positioning...

Travelling Y Flex Plus with status (Gold/Platinum) in the next couple of weeks ought to be pretty good though with operational upgrades (I would imagine) as holiday-makers (mostly non-status travellers) are making their way around the world...
Old Jul 26, 2023, 4:22 am
formerly mattking2000

Originally Posted by GoldenCat_EK
I've been looking for 'good value' fares for EK tier miles these last couple of days as I'm trying to re-qualify for renewal. I reckon the best deal I found was MNL -> BOS return in J flex plus for US$ 3,500 which nets approx. 36,000 tier miles.
Ended up booking ARN->BKK in J Saver for roughly the same cost but only 15,000 tier miles as I couldn't bother with positioning...

Travelling Y Flex Plus with status (Gold/Platinum) in the next couple of weeks ought to be pretty good though with operational upgrades (I would imagine) as holiday-makers (mostly non-status travellers) are making their way around the world...
All Philippines are good actually -- CRK and CEB are frequently the same or even cheaper than MNL, although positioning costs to those airports could add up. Asia in general are good options for EK -- ICN-Europe on one-ways are really good value with most at $16xx on many dates.

I haven't gotten any op-ups (or even had onboard upgrade availability) this summer yet in Flex, Flex+, or Business Flex+, and I've been on 7 EK "leisure" flights (AMS x4, CDG, BCN, CEB) since June -- I wouldn't count on op-ups at this point as a Gold.
GoldenCat_EK likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
All Philippines are good actually -- CRK and CEB are frequently the same or even cheaper than MNL, although positioning costs to those airports could add up. Asia in general are good options for EK -- ICN-Europe on one-ways are really good value with most at $16xx on many dates.

I haven't gotten any op-ups (or even had onboard upgrade availability) this summer yet in Flex, Flex+, or Business Flex+, and I've been on 7 EK "leisure" flights (AMS x4, CDG, BCN, CEB) since June -- I wouldn't count on op-ups at this point as a Gold.
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into CRK & CEB as well... interesting note on the op-ups, ex-ARN I'm on 3 op-ups this year so far and ex-DXB to ARN at least twice all whilst on Y Flex Plus tickets. Flown a few on the same sector too with Y Saver or Special tickets but the load was 50% in Y so all good flying solo with an entire row to yourself...
Old Jul 26, 2023, 11:07 am
cf1

does this offer only apply to one booking or could I do this twice? Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 3:53 pm

That seems to be bad luck, I've had 4 in 12 sectors! LON-DXB and DXB-Asia in the past 2 months! I think less scope for J-F unless Y is really full though, as premium load factors seem to be softening a little, I hear on the grapevine.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 7:32 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Qatar Gold
Just confirming this worked checking in when having DXB as a stopover (48hrs).
30k credited the next day, although I’d already hit renewal a while back for Plat - wonder if the bonus tier miles will still carry forward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.