Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling a booking

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2023, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Cancelling a booking

Hello fellow flyers,

Could someone answer a really simple question for me ... how late can I leave cancellation of a booking and still only be charged the cancellation fee?

Couldn't find the answer anywhere here (and the EK site is still set up to answer all your COVID affected bookings questions, but nothing about modern bookings).

Thanks,
The Emir.
Old May 9, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
I once cancelled a booking whilst sat in the lounge approx 1 hour before the flight. I had a last minute change of plans where my meeting had to be cancelled so I no longer needed to travel. Called the EK gold line and explained it, took about 5 minutes to get offloaded and then booking cancelled, all done over the phone. And as it was a fully flex plus ticket there was no fee, full refind was in my account about 10 days later.
Old May 9, 2023, 9:26 am

You can do it any time before the flight closes, so that's basically T-60 if you haven't checked in and T-20 if you have.
Old May 10, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I once cancelled a booking whilst sat in the lounge approx 1 hour before the flight. I had a last minute change of plans where my meeting had to be cancelled so I no longer needed to travel. Called the EK gold line and explained it, took about 5 minutes to get offloaded and then booking cancelled, all done over the phone. And as it was a fully flex plus ticket there was no fee, full refind was in my account about 10 days later.
Perfect excuse to never leave the lounge
Old May 10, 2023, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info ... just wanted to make sure I wasn't about to get burnt for leaving it until the last day (normally, I am too kind to the airlines and, if I have to cancel, its far in advance)

Mixed feelings ... have to pay Flex cancellation fee, but head not in right place for leisure travel at the moment, and the (F) seats were so expensive its some consolation not to be burning so much cash!

Regards,
The Emir.
Old May 22, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You can do it any time before the flight closes, so that's basically T-60 if you haven't checked in and T-20 if you have.
A somewhat related question..... regarding cancellation of an award booking. If I need to cancel an award booking, I understand that the miles can be redeposited into my account. It is also my understanding the the "co-pays" are refundable. Question is: is the entire co-pay refundable, or is some portion forfeited (for example... govt fees?? or some other portion) First time flying EK, so just checking to confirm my understanding.
Old May 29, 2023, 3:16 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Brostman
A somewhat related question..... regarding cancellation of an award booking. If I need to cancel an award booking, I understand that the miles can be redeposited into my account. It is also my understanding the the "co-pays" are refundable. Question is: is the entire co-pay refundable, or is some portion forfeited (for example... govt fees?? or some other portion) First time flying EK, so just checking to confirm my understanding.
It varies from country to country. But there are non-refundable govt fees that is out of Emirates hands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.