Wiki Posts
Search

FlyDubai upgrade offers

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2022, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: SE+, OWS
FlyDubai upgrade offers

Hello, i have been trying to find what is the range for upgrading on FZ flights.

I dont see any thread that would summarize recent upgrade bid offers, any experience?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Did you find out anything?
fridgy likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Did you find out anything?
not sure about offers pre-flight - I actually had business class ticket.

But after takeoff there was a couple who upgraded for 9900 CZK on DXB-PRG which is 405 euros. (per person)
Old Nov 22, 2022, 3:23 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks! That’s really good input, I’m actually considering PRG-DXB… But not interested in paying the full C price, nor in flying in Y…
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:42 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by fridgy
Hello, i have been trying to find what is the range for upgrading on FZ flights.

I dont see any thread that would summarize recent upgrade bid offers, any experience?
It really depends on the route -- some are going to be very competitive (never received an upgrade despite bidding just above the mid-point on their meter -- most European + subcontinent routes), and some of them (e.g., African routes) I can bid one increment above the lowest possible (usually $155 - $205) and know that I will likely be upgraded. The bid upgrades are nice as they offer business class tier miles (and are more than 60% the reason I've finally become Gold)

TBS for some reason everyone gets upgraded on, even without bidding? Two of my friends, on separate flights and not knowing each other, who have never flown EK / FZ before (with obviously 0 status) were upgraded on that route on non-oversold flights.
fridgy likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by fridgy

I recently flew MED-DXB return, the minimum upgrade offer was $160 each leg which is what I put in, I got approved on both! There was only 1 other person, it was only a 2.5 hour flight but the food was delicious & the seats are lie flat which was a nice surprise! My first time flying flydubai but definitely not my last!
ChocolateFactory and fridgy like this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 12:01 pm

Has anyone figured out how FlyDubai determines whether or not to accept a bid? I’m flying on Sunday and so far 0/9 business class seats are booked, but revenue fares are $2000 one way on my route. Seems like a wasted opportunity if they don’t accept any bid I place?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by daniellovesflying
Has anyone figured out how FlyDubai determines whether or not to accept a bid? I’m flying on Sunday and so far 0/9 business class seats are booked, but revenue fares are $2000 one way on my route. Seems like a wasted opportunity if they don’t accept any bid I place?
If they accept a "low" bid then nobody would pay full fare in the future, so from a business point of view they are unlikely to do it.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:13 pm

I think it’s quite common for airlines to accept the minimum bid if there are no higher offers.
The number of seats is limited and they control the minimum bid.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:03 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I remember seeing the minimum in the $600-$700 range each way for their longer-range flights (TIA, UTP). The seats look pretty decent -- are they really lie-flat? Parallel to the floor?
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by mecabq
The seats look pretty decent -- are they really lie-flat? Parallel to the floor?
LMGTFY:
https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/f...oeing-737-max/

They don’t have these seats on all aircraft though, as far as I know.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
LMGTFY:
https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/f...oeing-737-max/

They don’t have these seats on all aircraft though, as far as I know.
Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 3:18 am
Original Poster

insane upgrade offer during online check-in 48hours before departure on DXB-PRG - only 650 AED -> 175 USD..
This flight is usually operated by lie-flat configuration but they swapped plane a few hours before departure to recliner - still insane upgrade deal with Emirates Lounge access.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 5:18 am

I've now experienced the lie-flat seats on several occasions, usually from op-ups to and from ALA as Skywards Gold, occasionally via purchase, and must say I am pretty impressed. The seats are truly flat and comfortable with good bedding. You get the solid IFE for free. Not that I care much, but the wines (especially sparkling; I think it was actual Champagne) and food exceeded my modest expectations, and the service was fine. Business class boarding is a real plus when one has to take the bus (which is the case even frequently from/to T3, with even longer rides than T2). Plus, I might have mentioned before, if you purchase an upgrade, you get J class earnings, which many airlines don't do.

Overall this is often a solid offering given the price. One downside, as fridgy refers to, is that it seems to be unpredictable whether you'll get the lie-flats (for example, most of the Kazakhstan flights seem to have them but not always), though I think you can ascertain whether they're scheduled before you commit to purchase. Of course a swap after the fact is always possible but not as common as, say, QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.