Wiki Posts
Search

A380 on board bar

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2022, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
A380 on board bar

Is this currently operating? I’ve just had my pre departure email that delphically states that onboard “some of our social spaces are closed”.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 5:49 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Greg66
Is this currently operating? I’ve just had my pre departure email that delphically states that onboard “some of our social spaces are closed”.
Don’t worry, the bar has been open for many months now.
And apparently Emirates now have dropped the requirement to wear face masks on board.
Greg66 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, HH Silver, MR Platinum
It was open on EK568 on Saturday. And the mask-on-board policy, while still technically in effect, is not being enforced.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Baritone73
It was open on EK568 on Saturday. And the mask-on-board policy, while still technically in effect, is not being enforced.
Actually, that is only for India specific flights where they are still distributing face masks and sanitizers, and that to only for flights arriving into India and not departing. On most of the other flights, they do not distribute any masks nor do they make any announcements about keeping your mask on for the remainder of the flight. At least, that was my experience on my last BOM-LAX trip last week.
safari_7 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
flew Oct 22 and def open, watched the football live as well
Old Nov 9, 2022, 2:56 pm

My first Emirates flight will be in a couple weeks. JfK to MXP in J.

When does the bar normally open?

My hope is to have a drink once we reach cruising altitude and then having dinner before bed. Will the FA hold my meal or serve me last if I ask?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Flew EK406 in F on the weekend and the bar was open 20 minutes after the seatbelt sign was off. No masks were mentioned at any time before or during the flight.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Flew DXB-MAN 2nd October and bar was definitely open.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Dpetryszyn
My first Emirates flight will be in a couple weeks. JfK to MXP in J.

When does the bar normally open?

My hope is to have a drink once we reach cruising altitude and then having dinner before bed. Will the FA hold my meal or serve me last if I ask?
The trolleys are in both aisles throughout the meal service in J, so access to the bar might be difficult.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:05 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by steveholt
The trolleys are in both aisles throughout the meal service in J, so access to the bar might be difficult.
No, the food is not delivered from trolleys but hand carried from the galley. If there is a trolley, you can step into the space next to an A, E, F or K seat and they’ll move the trolley past you. Never have been obstructed from reaching the bar. This is not Y!
nnn and UAEBANDIT like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, HH Silver, MR Platinum
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Actually, that is only for India specific flights where they are still distributing face masks and sanitizers, and that to only for flights arriving into India and not departing. On most of the other flights, they do not distribute any masks nor do they make any announcements about keeping your mask on for the remainder of the flight. At least, that was my experience on my last BOM-LAX trip last week.
Quite right, and I apologize for over-generalizing. I had been led to believe that masking would be required throughout the entire IAH-DXB-BLR trip, but they only mentioned it on the DXB-BLR leg, and even then it wasn't enforced on board.
nnn likes this.

Last edited by Baritone73; Nov 11, 2022 at 9:23 am
Old Nov 12, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I flew on LHR DXB DEL last week and DEL DXB LGW yesterday
Masks were compulsory only on the way into India from DXB and not on the way back

Similar experience on BA last month.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:24 am

So what's the menu like on the A380 on board bar now ? Flying on the JFK-DXB route. I prefer light snacks and soft drinks and space to walk around.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 7:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by deltheking
So what's the menu like on the A380 on board bar now ? Flying on the JFK-DXB route. I prefer light snacks and soft drinks and space to walk around.
It's mainly sandwiches and light crisps/chips along with some cakes.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It's mainly sandwiches and light crisps/chips along with some cakes.
Thanks for the information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.