Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Aircraft Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
..... Would suggest people are careful what they wish for, as one of EK’s best qualities is the extent of the F network to me.
Agreed. It's fabulous. Wherever I go in Africa and Europe, F reaches everywhere, like no other airline. It's a big winner for me, and keeps me coming back to them.
IntrepidAfrican2 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 6:55 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Was the caviar usually loaded for one per person in F? I know F has been dine on demand for many years, and the Dom champagne was drink as much as you want, but can't imagine someone stuffing themselves ordering multiple portions of "unlimited" caviar
Cue the travel bloggers devouring 14 hours of Caviar on ULH for likes…

Most of this seems to have been soft introduced already. The Movie snacks were on offer on my last F flight DXB-AMS (not BNE-DXB, however), but I wasn’t hungry. Keen to try in future.
thijsseh and BadoRas like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
EK is clearly the most thoughtful airline on strategy in the Middle East and I suspect the closest to being profitable, but I have no inside knowledge other than having spent some time looking at the European aviation sector and also working in finance.

I think the other main point is that an uber-premium J like Qsuites doesn’t really work in combination with an F cabin, you’ll probably just end up cannibalising F demand. Net result would probably be J prices go up and F would have to go on all but the most high demand routes (LHR, JFK, SYD, SIN, NRT etc). Would suggest people are careful what they wish for, as one of EK’s best qualities is the extent of the F network to me.
A seat that goes flat and has direct aisle access is not too much to ask for in a J cabin, that isn’t Uber premium, it is just the basics.
NoizeBoy likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Will08
A seat that goes flat and has direct aisle access is not too much to ask for in a J cabin, that isn’t Uber premium, it is just the basics.
The J seat *is* flat on the B777.
thijsseh and IntrepidAfrican2 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yawn…
Wtravel likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
Yawn…
Great post, would read again
thijsseh, chris63, m3red and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 4:28 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I would love to know what this thread is about because all I see are blind links in the first two posts without any further description!
Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
I would love to know what this thread is about because all I see are blind links in the first two posts without any further description!
Links work OK for me - maybe try a different browser or use the regular site instead of mobile? Here's the link from post 2 without all the tracking bumf on the end:

https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...o-new-heights/
Old Aug 13, 2022, 12:54 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by ft101
Links work OK for me - maybe try a different browser or use the regular site instead of mobile? Here's the link from post 2 without all the tracking bumf on the end:

https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...o-new-heights/
Thanks ft101. I suppose I was being slightly sarcastic in my post but what I was trying to get at was that as per FT rules, it does ask to give a brief description

When posting a news article or other published information, credit the source of the information and give a brief, one-to-three paragraph summary or clip of the content, providing an appropriate link and/or cite to its source.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:20 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by Vasicek
I agree. Sadly I have little hope that they’ll introduce a proper business class with direct aisle access for the 777s. I really don’t understand how Emirates gets away with this in 2022.
You finally realize why EK puts A380 every time on advertisements, making people think they are flying and getting A380 quality business class. Even CZ and MU offer direct aisle access on their 787-9 and 777s.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:24 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Half the fleet still has the old angle flat seats... Very uncompetitive
EK is clearly the most thoughtful airline on strategy in the Middle East and I suspect the closest to being profitable, but I have no inside knowledge other than having spent some time looking at the European aviation sector and also working in finance.

I think the other main point is that an uber-premium J like Qsuites doesn’t really work in combination with an F cabin, you’ll probably just end up cannibalising F demand. Net result would probably be J prices go up and F would have to go on all but the most high demand routes (LHR, JFK, SYD, SIN, NRT etc). Would suggest people are careful what they wish for, as one of EK’s best qualities is the extent of the F network to me.
Yeah, EK runs F on almost every plane, surprisingly EK don't have F on the refurbished 777-200LR, and in the 200LR, J have no middle seats.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 4:10 am

BadoRas likes this.

Last edited by DYKWIA; Aug 13, 2022 at 4:15 am
Old Mar 15, 2023, 9:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Dom Perignon exclusivity??

Originally Posted by NickRivas
"The Champagne and Caviar Experience: Emirates’ First Class experience, always a benchmark for service excellence, has been upped a notch in 2022. Customers can now savour unlimited portions of Persian caviar as part of the ‘dine on demand’ service, with an exquisite pairing of the world-renowned Dom Perignon vintage champagne. Emirates is the only airline with an exclusive agreement to offer the luxury brand on-board."
I found this post when I was searching to corroborate something I saw on an affiliated blog about EK.... in the blog, the blog author stated that beginning in 2024 that EK would have an exclusive right of all airlines to serve Dom Perignon.... which I took to understand they would be the only airline to serve DP beginning in 2024. Certainly, the other premier carriers have other top shelf champagne choices to serve, but is the blog author correct, or am I misunderstanding the exclusivity element?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Brostman
I found this post when I was searching to corroborate something I saw on an affiliated blog about EK.... in the blog, the blog author stated that beginning in 2024 that EK would have an exclusive right of all airlines to serve Dom Perignon.... which I took to understand they would be the only airline to serve DP beginning in 2024. Certainly, the other premier carriers have other top shelf champagne choices to serve, but is the blog author correct, or am I misunderstanding the exclusivity element?
It's true... DP and Veuve Clicquot I believe. The only airline you'll get these on (in the air) is Emirates.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:03 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
I flew DXB-MEL on 16 March on A6-EOH, and F had the refurbished interior. A lot less of the plastic walnut, the seats looked new and were very comfortable. It looked like the doors had been repaired too. No longer rattly and they closed perfectly.

However, there was no PE installed. Admittedly I didn't look, but the FA assured me that was the case. A6-EOH is due to leave MEL on 21/3 as EK409, and EF shows PE is not available on that flight. I'm wondering if Emirates are not refurbishing everything in one hit, but staging the modifications a bit at a time with each aeroplane.

Anyway, I'm pleased that the middle-aged A380s are looking so much better with this refresh. The F cabin looked really good.

Check out the sleek new window panels!

Last edited by BadoRas; Mar 19, 2023 at 6:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.