Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 business cabin upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:34 am
Original Poster

777 business cabin upgrade?

I can't seem to find any info on when/if Emirates will be upgrading the old 777 business class cabin (i'm looking at EWR to ATH specifically). Is there any timeline of when these will be upgraded? Looking to book for next june in business, but the angled seats have me thinking twice. Thanks !
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by dan88
I can't seem to find any info on when/if Emirates will be upgrading the old 777 business class cabin (i'm looking at EWR to ATH specifically). Is there any timeline of when these will be upgraded? Looking to book for next june in business, but the angled seats have me thinking twice. Thanks !
I am not a guru on this subject, but what I have read in other threads pertinent to you question is that EK most likely will not retrofit existing 777s with the new F Suite. However, new deliveries that include F in the configuration will probably have the new F. I seem to recall someone saying 2024 at the earliest.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Brostman
I am not a guru on this subject, but what I have read in other threads pertinent to you question is that EK most likely will not retrofit existing 777s with the new F Suite. However, new deliveries that include F in the configuration will probably have the new F. I seem to recall someone saying 2024 at the earliest.
OP was asking about J not F, but I think the same applies and aircraft will not be retrofitted.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:08 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
In order to make PE 'work', they either have to wait for new aircraft (A350, B787, B777X) to be delivered or reconfigure some of the existing 77W's to get PE. That would be the only reason to touch the existing fleet as EK are not in the habit of doing this. That reconfiguration might include a J cabin change as well.
At the moment the only PE 'through route' (i.e. not starting or ending at DXB) is LHR/DXB/SYD (or is CDG also a PE route, not sure actually), which makes PE a bit of a damp squib.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:08 am
formerly rt23456p

No lie-flat for you, angle flat 2-3-2 EK 777 for you!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by rt23456p
No lie-flat for you, angle flat 2-3-2 EK 777 for you!
You make that sound like a bad thing. You should try it sometime before you decide how good or bad it really is.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:56 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
It's inconceivable how EK have got away with their laughably outdated B777 Business Class seats. Oh, wait, huge piles of marketing $$$!
justforfun and fridgy like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NoY
It's inconceivable how EK have got away with their laughably outdated B777 Business Class seats. Oh, wait, huge piles of marketing $$$!
When they can charge £3300 UK-DXB and still fill planes, it shows that the "general public" are not quite as discerning as those of us on here
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:07 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
When they can charge £3300 UK-DXB and still fill planes, it shows that the "general public" are not quite as discerning as those of us on here
Absolutely. Hats off to them, frankly as something is pulling in the punters! (aka suckers!) LOL
Old Aug 10, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by NoY
Absolutely. Hats off to them, frankly as something is pulling in the punters! (aka suckers!) LOL
Maybe it's all the F hopefuls obtaining a J ticket, intending to upgrade. After all, the F seat is a much better prize!

Unfortunately 42 doesn't go into 8 very easily!
NoY and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:33 am
NoY

Originally Posted by BadoRas
Maybe it's all the F hopefuls obtaining a J ticket, intending to upgrade. After all, the F seat is a much better prize!

Perhaps yes. I mean, their F is still pretty damned good to be fair, even on the B777..
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by BadoRas

I don’t agree, people travelling J don’t want to fly Y, but doesn’t mean they all want to fly F. I agree it’s a lot better though especially on a 777.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:01 pm

New retrofit announcement and thread here, but not sure if it affects 777s, 380s or both.

EK Aircraft Retrofit
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by m3red
I don’t agree, people travelling J don’t want to fly Y, but doesn’t mean they all want to fly F. I agree it’s a lot better though especially on a 777.
I wasn't serious. It was merely a poor attempt at levity!
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, UA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Something different and I can't find any info. I'm on EK221 Saturday, A B777-200LR, DXB-DFW. No first class and the J seats are 2-2-2 for rows 1 thru 7 in two cabins. Is this something new? Something Old?

B777-200LR EK221

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.