Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Miles Upgrade availability different from redemption availability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2022, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold

I am looking to book flights in Business and there is availability for direct miles booking. However when I look at the economy fare it shows the amount the cost would be to upgrade with miles but says there is no availability at this time. Do Emirates have different availability for upgrades to Business than to book directly with miles into business?

Also is it possible when there is availability to book with cash and upgrade with miles as you do the booking or do you have to book the cash fare first and then upgrade?

Thanks
Old May 21, 2022, 1:12 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I am looking to book flights in Business and there is availability for direct miles booking. However when I look at the economy fare it shows the amount the cost would be to upgrade with miles but says there is no availability at this time. Do Emirates have different availability for upgrades to Business than to book directly with miles into business?
There are 2 types : Saver Awards and Flex Awards. Flex Awards cost more points than Savers.

To upgrade from Y, there needs to be Saver Award availability.
Old May 21, 2022, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There are 2 types : Saver Awards and Flex Awards. Flex Awards cost more points than Savers.

To upgrade from Y, there needs to be Saver Award availability.
Thank you, much appreciated for the speed of reply also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.