Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

skywards first class redemption seats! help required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: skywards, Marriott bonvoy, Hilton honours, & ba executive member

hi guys

Can anyone assist with the question below

Have been collecting skywards miles for a while now, managed to accumulate 850k skywards miles for 3 x redemption seats for July 2022 (lon-sin) rtn. However, it appears redemption seats on the first for more than 1x passenger is not available from any European city, nor for any months this year 😥

I am adamant in Dec 2021 redemption seats for more than 1 x passenger in emirates first was widely available. will they will release the first seats again, or have I missed it for this year?

Just to reiterate 1x passenger on the first is widely available, just not more than 1

Kind regards

Mo
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
My advice would be book for 1 person now, and if you have EK status. call up and request waitlist availability for the other 2 passengers in F on the same flight.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards
I thought there were only a limited number of seats in first available to upgrade?? I managed to do it back in November for just me from Business to First - I booked and paid in full, then upgraded using the miles immediately afterwards. (I checked when I was on the phone that the actual seat was there to upgrade to - so very last minute). Hoping to do the same again next time!! First was AMAZING!
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: skywards, Marriott bonvoy, Hilton honours, & ba executive member
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
My advice would be book for 1 person now, and if you have EK status. call up and request waitlist availability for the other 2 passengers in F on the same flight.
interesting! thanks
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:43 am

July is holiday season so flights will be pretty full. You may want to book the other 2 pax in Business if awards are available, with a plan to upgrade them if First becomes available, presuming they don't mind travelling in business if it falls through.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
July is holiday season so flights will be pretty full. You may want to book the other 2 pax in Business if awards are available, with a plan to upgrade them if First becomes available, presuming they don't mind travelling in business if it falls through.
So, if you book EK J award and at some point F becomes available can you easily upgrade online and pay the additional miles? Or do you need to cancel the J award for a refund of miles and rebook into F? If neither of these, what would be the process? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.