Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

F Lounge access / Auto-upgrade layover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Hello! I have a question about F class lounge access in DXB.

I have a two leg trip from LAX -> DXB -> KHI coming up next month.
Originally booked J class Flex Plus for all segments using skywards rewards

I've recently upgraded the LAX-> DXB leg to First Class Flex Plus via the auto upgrade with points,
The DXB -> KHI leg (EK606) does not have a F class cabin, so I didn't enroll this segment in the auto upgrade.

It just occurred to me that I may not get F lounge access during my layover because it's generally based on the departing flight.

Has anyone been in this situation before? We only have about 2 hours of layover in DXB but this is my first time in any UAE F class and I'm hoping for the full experience! Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 11:48 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by s88b
It just occurred to me that I may not get F lounge access during my layover because it's generally based on the departing flight.
Unfortunately, you'll only get J lounge access.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Well shoot! Thanks for the response.

I was holding on to some optimism because I have read anecdotes that when the 2nd leg of your trip doesn't offer F class you are still allowed access to the lounge.

In these cases does the ticket for departing leg still say F even if it's ultimately a J seat?? ie. if you just paid cash for a F class trip
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by s88b
Well shoot! Thanks for the response.

I was holding on to some optimism because I have read anecdotes that when the 2nd leg of your trip doesn't offer F class you are still allowed access to the lounge.

In these cases does the ticket for departing leg still say F even if it's ultimately a J seat?? ie. if you just paid cash for a F class trip
This is probably what you are referring to from what you have read. If its a paid F flight but the second leg doesn't have F you can access the lounge, however, you have effectively upgraded one sector so they will not see it the same. It is worth a shot with the lounge staff but I wouldn't get your hopes up. And your second boarding pass will say "Business".
Old Jan 20, 2022, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
This is probably what you are referring to from what you have read. If its a paid F flight but the second leg doesn't have F you can access the lounge, however, you have effectively upgraded one sector so they will not see it the same. It is worth a shot with the lounge staff but I wouldn't get your hopes up. And your second boarding pass will say "Business".
Yeah I would definitely give it a shot. Just say you booked First but you’re in business for the second leg because First isn’t offered. If they catch you out, just play dumb. If after this you really want to experience the F lounge, you could always pay 125USD plus tax for it.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!! Really appreciate the insights!

I'll try to remember to report back with my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.