Search

Dubai to Doha

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Dubai to Doha

Hi,
I am looking to book flights from Dubai to Doha using air miles as the fares are £350 return.
Any idea when the mileage option will be available?
I also don’t see any options for Qatar on the same route.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by satnammann
Hi,
I am looking to book flights from Dubai to Doha using air miles as the fares are £350 return.
Any idea when the mileage option will be available?
I also don’t see any options for Qatar on the same route.
EK does not fly to DOH presently. Your options are QR or FZ.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
EK does not fly to DOH presently. Your options are QR or FZ.
flydubai who are owned by Emirates?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
flydubai aren’t owned by Emirates.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

ok thanks, they are very expensive. I have air miles can I transfer to their air mile program?
are they part of one world or star alliance?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 6:00 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
They have the same owner though - Government of Dubai - & are VERY closely aligned
Will08 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:45 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Any talk on possibly adding service to DOH for the World Cup in November-December? There are only a few flights a day scheduled to/from UAE and demand is expected to be high during those weeks.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nnn
Any talk on possibly adding service to DOH for the World Cup in November-December? There are only a few flights a day scheduled to/from UAE and demand is expected to be high during those weeks.
that’s exactly why we are going to Dubai.
I am after flights for the semis 13-15 December and then the final on 18 December from Dubai to Doha.
the flights using flydubai are really expensive so was asking whether they use air miles or if there are any cheaper alternatives (direct or non-direct)
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:29 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
that’s exactly why we are going to Dubai.
I am after flights for the semis 13-15 December and then the final on 18 December from Dubai to Doha.
the flights using flydubai are really expensive so was asking whether they use air miles or if there are any cheaper alternatives (direct or non-direct)
Well, you can use Skywards miles for FlyDubai through their partnership. But (assuming there are flights during that period), I suspect that award seats will be difficult or impossible to get. No airline will make award seats available when they can sell them for cash at (possibly inflated) cash prices.
Whatever way (different routes / airlines) you try is, my suspicion is that seats to / from DOH during the World Cup will be (very) expensive. It's referred to as 'supply and demand'.....
Old Jan 6, 2022, 10:49 am
nnn

Given recent political issues it's unclear if they will add flights to/from DXB for the WC, but it only makes sense that they should do so. With hotel supply in Doha expected to be so limited, flying people in and out may be the best way to fill those stadiums. But that would probably require more scheduled flights from neighboring countries.

For now, I booked via AUH instead. There are more flights, and they are generally cheaper than DXB. The one-way AUH-DOH is still relatively expensive, but I was able to get award tickets on Etihad (transferring Amex points to Etihad miles). By contrast, the return flight DOH-AUH is relatively cheap at the moment on Etihad (< $150), so we booked that with cash. Still, I would prefer to fly back via DXB to make my connection home on Emirates easier, so will keep watching for cheaper flights via DXB to open up. Maybe Emirates will add the route -- we'll see.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nnn
Given recent political issues it's unclear if they will add flights to/from DXB for the WC, but it only makes sense that they should do so. With hotel supply in Doha expected to be so limited, flying people in and out may be the best way to fill those stadiums. But that would probably require more scheduled flights from neighboring countries.

For now, I booked via AUH instead. There are more flights, and they are generally cheaper than DXB. The one-way AUH-DOH is still relatively expensive, but I was able to get award tickets on Etihad (transferring Amex points to Etihad miles). By contrast, the return flight DOH-AUH is relatively cheap at the moment on Etihad (< $150), so we booked that with cash. Still, I would prefer to fly back via DXB to make my connection home on Emirates easier, so will keep watching for cheaper flights via DXB to open up. Maybe Emirates will add the route -- we'll see.
my dates are not available at the moment but a return in late November is still 4335 AED
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:05 am
nnn

my dates are not available at the moment but a return in late November is still 4335 AED
Right, I'm going in November during the group stage. If you break up the round trip into two one-ways, you may see the AUH-DOH segment costing a lot more than the DOH-AUH segment (which is why I used miles for the AUH-DOH segment and booked DOH-AUH with cash). Again, this is on EY not EK.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nnn
Right, I'm going in November during the group stage. If you break up the round trip into two one-ways, you may see the AUH-DOH segment costing a lot more than the DOH-AUH segment (which is why I used miles for the AUH-DOH segment and booked DOH-AUH with cash). Again, this is on EY not EK.
thanks a lot cheaper booking one-way.
nnn likes this.

Last edited by satnammann; Jan 6, 2022 at 11:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.