Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2022 (incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 1:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

MAN back to 3 daily!🤞
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:21 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
MAN back to 3 daily!🤞
CPT back to 2 daily (well, to start with back to daily....)
gillyd22 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I wish JNB back to 3 daily ......... and New routes to Gaborone eventually one day.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 10:52 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by safari_7
I wish JNB back to 3 daily ......... and New routes to Gaborone eventually one day.
Four daily, no?

GBE, I doubt it. QR serve it, and with the Airlink tie-up makes more sense to route people to small markets through JNB. Even a big city like DUR only got a one daily. Perhaps when smaller aircraft start to be delivered they can pair up with places like WDH.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:22 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Re-fit 90's/early-2,000's era seating in B777 Business Class with up to date, direct aisle access, in every seat
Duck1981, ffman999 and Pegasus42 like this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
I wonder how much market share, if any, they are losing to the likes of QR for such an inferior hard product on the older 777s. I find the newer update to be acceptable even though there is not direct aisle access.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
MAN back to 3 daily!🤞
EK021 is in the schedule to resume July 1, 2022. EK acquired slots to resume all previous UK services as early as March 27, 2022, so it's possible that we might see it even earlier than July.

LGW's third daily is scheduled to resume on the same day, as is the return of the A380 to BHX.

Originally Posted by safari_7
Pre-covid, a MPM/GBE route was in the cards.

There are some interesting developments to come in 2022 that the group here will enjoy.
DYKWIA, thijsseh, Pandor and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Status extension for all of 2022, as QR has recently announced.
DYKWIA, JudeS and thijsseh like this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:30 pm

A380 back in Nice!
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:35 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ffman999
I wonder how much market share, if any, they are losing to the likes of QR for such an inferior hard product on the older 777s. I find the newer update to be acceptable even though there is not direct aisle access.
Interesting question. Many will book EK because of their constant marketing/PR efforts without realising the reality of B777/J versus, say, QR.

I have actively booked dozens of flights that have specially avoided EK simply because the routes I flew featured the dreaded B777 J slopes nonsense.

What has worked in their favour a few times is that I have booked F (where EK was the best option/schedule/connection etc etc) simply to avoid J. LOL
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
EK021 is in the schedule to resume July 1, 2022. EK acquired slots to resume all previous UK services as early as March 27, 2022, so it's possible that we might see it even earlier than July.

LGW's third daily is scheduled to resume on the same day, as is the return of the A380 to BHX.
Does "all previous UK services" include EDI?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:47 am

I've put together a few of my guesses in terms of their likelihood.

Most likely:
  • TLV commencing once restrictions are lifted
  • Resumption of CHC/DPS/EZE/GIG/HND/STN/SCL
  • Upgrade of a MLE frequency to an A380 once the new runway opens
Less likely:
  • Resumption of ADL/DAM/DOH/EDI/PHN/OPO/ZAG
  • New routes to BOG/MPM/GBE/LLW
EK77W likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:48 am

Why is DOH not likely? There were a few daily flights some years ago.

Any new US destinations like ATL, PHL, DEN on the cards?

Would Helsinki and Kiev make sense for EK replacing FZ?

What about Kinshasa/Libreville/Pointe-Noire or Bamako/Monrovia/Freetown or a more touristic destination Windhoek as new routings for Africa?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
I've put together a few of my guesses in terms of their likelihood.

Most likely:
  • TLV commencing once restrictions are lifted
  • Resumption of CHC/DPS/EZE/GIG/HND/STN/SCL
  • Upgrade of a MLE frequency to an A380 once the new runway opens
Less likely:
  • Resumption of ADL/DAM/DOH/EDI/PHN/OPO/ZAG
  • New routes to BOG/MPM/GBE/LLW
DOH? Interesting. I read that Qatar doesn’t have enough hotel rooms for the World Cup, and some fans will have to fly in from neighbouring country cities, including Dubai. I thought they’d resume at some point.
nnn likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by EK77W
Why is DOH not likely? There were a few daily flights some years ago.
Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
DOH? Interesting. I read that Qatar doesn’t have enough hotel rooms for the World Cup, and some fans will have to fly in from neighbouring country cities, including Dubai. I thought they’d resume at some point.
There seems to be some political impediments at play right now. Both QR/FZ have been restricted to just three flights a day. Even prior to Omicron's spread in the UAE, Qatar placed the UAE on their 'red list', meaning that you'd have to quarantine on arrival into Qatar (until you receive PCR results) if you'd been to, or transited through the UAE. This evidently disproportionately impacts UAE transit passengers, which would likely be EK's major source of passengers.

I'm sure DOH is in the cards, but I just don't see it being favourable to restart operations until flight frequency restrictions are lifted and the UAE is removed from Qatar's red list.
nnn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.