Wiki Posts
Search

A380 lounge / bar

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
A380 lounge / bar

Hi all - can’t find this detail anywhere - are Emirates on board lounges on the A380 still operating with density restrictions or are they fully open ?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
They are open but with limited capacity. Im not sure what the actual limit is, but ive been on A380 flights twice since they reopened and neither was ever busy or more than 2 people there, so i dont think it will be a problem
Old Oct 10, 2021, 11:43 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
They are open but with limited capacity. Im not sure what the actual limit is, but ive been on A380 flights twice since they reopened and neither was ever busy or more than 2 people there, so i dont think it will be a problem
Similar experience here. There seems to be little interest in the bar/lounge at the moment. I think people are still very cautious and possibly face mask wearing is expected when one is not seated in the lounge area. Not sure actually. I just observed as I was on my way to / from the toilets.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:41 pm

I am flying business next month from Dulles to Dubai. Super excited about going to the bar during the flight. Really just excited about having a nice area to get a snack and drink and stretch my legs during the long flight.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:16 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
I am flying business next month from Dulles to Dubai. Super excited about going to the bar during the flight. Really just excited about having a nice area to get a snack and drink and stretch my legs during the long flight.
Yes, for me the ‘leg stretch’ is the big benefit of the A380 bar / lounge. That’s why I sometimes even go there when I’m in F.
xiphoid76 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:03 am

Interesting, I've never felt the need of stretching my legs when flying in J or F.
I do enjoy the atmosphere at the bar, but I haven't flown EK lately so not sure how the atmosphere is nowadays during the pandemic.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:12 am

I hope the lounge is open. Flying from Washington DC to Dubai on Saturday and can't wait to at least go to the lounge and stretch my legs. I just got an email from Emirates preparing for your flight and they said all social areas were closed on board...does that mean the 380 lounge is closed? I hope not.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by xiphoid76
I hope the lounge is open. Flying from Washington DC to Dubai on Saturday and can't wait to at least go to the lounge and stretch my legs. I just got an email from Emirates preparing for your flight and they said all social areas were closed on board...does that mean the 380 lounge is closed? I hope not.
The bar will be open, but may have capacity constraints.
xiphoid76 and Atacama40 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
No capacity constraints whatsoever a couple days ago. Took a 15 hour flight in F (DXB-RU) and visited the bar a couple of times to stretch my legs.
On the first visit, all seats were taken so I stood while having a drink on the side counter.
On the second visit, the larger table was fully occupied and the smaller one had 2 pax. Turbulence started so I was directed to take the third seat for a few minutes, until we were cleared to move about the cabin.

I also noticed that people were loud and cheerful ... perhaps that is the downside of the daytime flight??
xiphoid76 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 5:15 am

And a little while on with Omni (seemingly) becoming less of an issue, how are the bar areas at present on board?

Have to agree with other posters that even if in F, the onboard bar area remains for me a giggly treat that would be a shame not to be available .... common sense measure acknowledged.

Any update from frequent EK users would be very helpful. Have flight mid Feb LHR-DXB ..... not done that one for a while and just trying feel around what to expect. Thanks
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Atacama40
And a little while on with Omni (seemingly) becoming less of an issue, how are the bar areas at present on board?

Have to agree with other posters that even if in F, the onboard bar area remains for me a giggly treat that would be a shame not to be available .... common sense measure acknowledged.

Any update from frequent EK users would be very helpful. Have flight mid Feb LHR-DXB ..... not done that one for a while and just trying feel around what to expect. Thanks
Was on DXB-LAX a couple days ago on the new bar design (with tables). Basically they allow one table to be occupied by a group traveling together while they have beverages or meals there... I had to wait quite a while for a table to open up - was pretty much only the last 2 hours of flight. The bar itself is closed but they keep your wines, etc nearby for refills and you can order anything that's on offer for your cabin.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Was on DXB-LAX a couple days ago on the new bar design (with tables). Basically they allow one table to be occupied by a group traveling together while they have beverages or meals there... I had to wait quite a while for a table to open up - was pretty much only the last 2 hours of flight. The bar itself is closed but they keep your wines, etc nearby for refills and you can order anything that's on offer for your cabin.
Got it, thanks for advising. So I guess you mention to cabin crew to book a time then show up. And hopefully with small improvements in the covid situ, this could improve the next few weeks.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:26 pm

Got it, thanks for advising. So I guess you mention to cabin crew to book a time then show up. And hopefully with small improvements in the covid situ, this could improve the next few weeks.
I think "book" is probably more organized than it really was, I think it's first-come, first-served. I was in F, and I asked the J cabin supervisor to call up to F if there was a table available. They didn't hold one for me at all, it was more "if you're available and the table is available"
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
I think "book" is probably more organized than it really was, I think it's first-come, first-served. I was in F, and I asked the J cabin supervisor to call up to F if there was a table available. They didn't hold one for me at all, it was more "if you're available and the table is available"
See what you mean. Yes that's less good and you might have thought a piece of paper and a little list would not be such a stretch .... especially on an F which I can imagine to be fair old chunk of cheese LAX-DXB ..... bad enough LHR-DXB.

Useful data all the same. Thanks for the heads up Metanoia.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:56 pm

See what you mean. Yes that's less good and you might have thought a piece of paper and a little list would not be such a stretch .... especially on an F which I can imagine to be fair old chunk of cheese LAX-DXB ..... bad enough LHR-DXB.

Useful data all the same. Thanks for the heads up Metanoia.
If I were you, I'd stake my claim right after the seat belt sign goes off!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.