Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How Early Can we Check in and Enter the Terminal at DXB (flying first class)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Early Can we Check in and Enter the Terminal at DXB (flying first class)?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Question How Early Can we Check in and Enter the Terminal at DXB (flying first class)?

We'll be flying from DXB to MLE on EK658 in October in first class. Our plan is to check in to the flight in the early evening, around 6pm, head to the first class lounge for dinner and a few drinks and then stay in the transit hotel overnight until our departure at 4:30am.

Did some initial research a couple months ago and thought this was ok, but just noticed a notice on the DXB airport website saying you can not check in earlier than 4 hours before your flight. Is this accurate, or old information? Anyone have experience with a similar early check in recently?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
I think this is correct. Unless it has changed recently again, you could not check in until 'same day', so in your case just after midnight.
kaskade916 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I think this is correct. Unless it has changed recently again, you could not check in until 'same day', so in your case just after midnight.
Hmmmmm.. tweeted to @EmiratesSupport and this was their response: "with the early check-in facility, you can check-in as early as 24 hours before your scheduled time of departure at our First class counter. Thanks." Maybe I should have a backup plan just in case I'm unable to check in early?
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kaskade916
Hmmmmm.. tweeted to @EmiratesSupport and this was their response: "with the early check-in facility, you can check-in as early as 24 hours before your scheduled time of departure at our First class counter. Thanks." Maybe I should have a backup plan just in case I'm unable to check in early?
What happened? Were you able to check in early?
Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:31 am

Just a FYI, use the self check in desk and you can bypass the 3 hour check in time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.