Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

DXB F lounge has reopened today 1/7

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2021, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold

The F lounge in DXB has reopened today after more than 12 months closed. Full services have also resumed with A La Carte menu in the restaurant, and complimentary spa treatments.
As usual it is very quiet even at peak times.
A very welcome return and a sign of positive things ahead.
MareLuce, m3red, thijsseh and 6 others like this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 3:56 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
The F lounge in DXB has reopened today after more than 12 months closed. Full services have also resumed with A La Carte menu in the restaurant, and complimentary spa treatments.
B lounge? Or all of them?
Old Jul 1, 2021, 4:13 am
Original Poster

I only saw the B lounge open, not sure about the others as i didnt check them personally
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Good start.

Now all we need is for our terminally incompetent federal government to accept that Australia cannot remain closed to the rest of the world indefinitely. The vaccine roll-out in this country has been slow, patchy and disorganised.

The Australian government's woeful and inept planning is a public embarrassment, especially since keeping the borders closed is politically motivated with an election coming soon.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BadoRas
Good start.

Now all we need is for our terminally incompetent federal government to accept that Australia cannot remain closed to the rest of the world indefinitely. The vaccine roll-out in this country has been slow, patchy and disorganised.

The Australian government's woeful and inept planning is a public embarrassment, especially since keeping the borders closed is politically motivated with an election coming soon.
Just been reading about the Australian reopening plans... have to say i am slightly stunned. It seems years before tourists will be allowed back in. I had hoped to visit next year, but based on what i read today it could be 2023 or even 2024 before that would be possible.
MareLuce likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by BadoRas
Good start.

I was in Australia for the last ashes tour, it never ceased to amaze me how panicked the police got over a bit of chanting and would close venues down when the barmy army was there. At the end of tour party in Sydney, Alistair Cook made an appearance and did a little speech on stage which was then naturally followed by the Ali Cook song. The police stormed in (in riot gear) and told the bar staff they could no longer serve pints and had to go back to Schooners. 20 minutes later they were back in dragging people out then closed the place down, it was about 10pm. Bearing in mind this was the barmy army, not footy yobs and the atmosphere was incredible. The phrase nanny state, was thrown about quite a lot during that tour. I digress, but I guess my point is, considering how serious Jaywalking is taken in Aus, it is of no surprise how they have handled the Covid situation!
Armchair Flyer and BadoRas like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:16 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I would have paid good money to watch the police knocking seven shades of **** out of the "look at me" "Barmy Army". Some of us remember when you could watch cricket without having to act like a knob.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I would have paid good money to watch the police knocking seven shades of **** out of the "look at me" "Barmy Army". Some of us remember when you could watch cricket without having to act like a knob.
Haaa haaa! I always enjoy your responses. Thank you for that. I genuinely needed some cheering up today
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:18 pm

I want to respond to some of the (quite reasonable) comments made here, but I'm mindful of being really off-topic. I do have a tendency to do that!

Is it possible for moderators to move the off-topic stuff to a new "Australia's closed borders" or similarly worded thread?

I'm sure there are lots of Aussie frequent flyers and potential tourists unable to visit who would like to contribute to it. And adverse comments are totally appropriate and welcome!
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There was no fighting, you have obviously never been to an England cricket match. In Aus there would be zero atmosphere if it wasn't for the Barmy army, in fact a lot of aussies love sitting in the same area to experience it. I was back in Aus the following year watching the big bash and the atmosphere was none existent. You can't beat God save YOUR queen...

As for talking about yobs, I did experience it back in 2009 in Melbourne at the tennis of all places.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 2:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Will08
There was no fighting, you have obviously never been to an England cricket match. In Aus there would be zero atmosphere if it wasn't for the Barmy army, in fact a lot of aussies love sitting in the same area to experience it. I was back in Aus the following year watching the big bash and the atmosphere was none existent. You can't beat God save YOUR queen...

As for talking about yobs, I did experience it back in 2009 in Melbourne at the tennis of all places.
I've been to test matches in Australia and New Zealand. It always made me laugh that the "Barmy Army" stand had low alcohol beer, and there were still queues because the idiots didn't realise

I always sit as far away as possible from those clowns.
BadoRas likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:51 am

Not sure what is up with seemingly a "Russian oligarch opulence" design brief for the refresh. Reminds me of Burj Al Arab, and that's not a good thing

But in any case I'm glad it's re-open in time for my flight to JFK, albeit it's a morning flight so won't have the opportunity to do the usual thing of a nice leisurely dinner and wine followed by sleeping after take-off.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looks ugly. You would think they would better model the lounges after the new look of EK F, the new A380 lounge etc. Much more sophisticated if you ask me.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by ffman999
Looks ugly. You would think they would better model the lounges after the new look of EK F, the new A380 lounge etc. Much more sophisticated if you ask me.
Those photos do not show the B F lounge in its best light. It's actually a lot more stylish, spacious and comfortable than what is shown.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Very busy here this morning, doesnt have the same quiet ambiance of the A lounge

Table dining staff very attentive and food comes fast despite the business.

Spa quite busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.