Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Booking enquiry on upgrading Y via Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:53 am
wsc
Original Poster

New to reward bookings / upgrade bookings with Emirates so had some questions if someone could kindly help.

Aim: Looking to fly J from DXB to LON
Booking strategy: Book Y cash, then upgrade with Miles

I see Y bookings and their upgrades:
Saver - upgrade to J for 57.5k miles
Flex - upgrade to J for 39k miles

What I’m worried about availability to do the upgrade.

I see J availability (Flex Plus) on all flights, BUT when I book the Y ticket only a few of the flights show as “Miles upgrade currently available”. Does that mean the ones that do not, don’t have availability for upgrade even though I see plenty of J reward availability? Is Cash Y Flex to J upgrade via Miles allocation different to Reward J availability?

Thanks

This picture shows only certain flights have the upgrade at booking, but can I upgrade the ones without the upgrade option immediately after booking? I see J reward availability

Similarly does this mean Saver upgrade is not available at booking but will be after?
Old Apr 10, 2021, 4:29 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by wsc
I see J availability (Flex Plus) on all flights,
There needs to be J Saver rewards available for you to be able to upgrade from Y.

Do an award search for J, and look for any flights that have J Saver availability rather than J Flex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.