Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Opening Schedule EK Lounges - LHR, MAN, BHX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2020, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Did I read that lounges were opening again end of November?

Sure I've read this somewhere but lost the thread and details. So might be making it up!

If not the case, anyone have any idea when this might be the case? Know DXB J lounges are open from the F Covid Thread
Old Nov 27, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Atacama40
Did I read that lounges were opening again end of November?

Sure I've read this somewhere but lost the thread and details. So might be making it up!

If not the case, anyone have any idea when this might be the case? Know DXB J lounges are open from the F Covid Thread
Opening LHR is basically impossible right now as it's in Terminal 3 which will remain closed for the foreseeable future. If not for this, I imagine EK would have targeted this to reopen first alongside Cairo, or at least on 3rd December when UK lockdown ends and it becomes feasible to operate lounges that aren't just glorified takeaways.

I had read that JFK and MAN were the next priorities after CAI, both scheduled to open in the next few weeks. I imagine CDG is also priority (basically anywhere that EK has decided to continue flying A380s). I would think BHX is fairly low down the list of likely reopenings.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
EK now using LH Lounge at LHR T2
Wasn’t the case when I flew LHR-DXB last month
Fwiw lounge was a complete zoo and too busy now that F and J from an EK A380 is using it as well as (even a reduced number of) *A pax
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
man lounge is open... probably closed from tomorrow !
Old Jan 21, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Is anyone able to advise what lounges EK are currently using at LHR and if you can pay to add access at the airport. I have a business ticket with no access and if I pay on line via manage my booking it only gives me the option to add access on the return journey from DXB.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 9:04 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Is anyone able to advise what lounges EK are currently using at LHR and if you can pay to add access at the airport. I have a business ticket with no access and if I pay on line via manage my booking it only gives me the option to add access on the return journey from DXB.
EK are using T2 at LHR just now and passengers with lounge access are able to use one of the Star Alliance lounges (either SQ or LH https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...ges/worldwide/). Because EK are using third party lounges at present, I’m not sure if they will give you the same opportunities to pay to use these lounges at LHR.

Despite departing T2 a couple of weeks ago, I’m not sure if any of the Pay In lounges are open.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks Saltaire 74

Last edited by Neilgcal; Jan 21, 2021 at 9:24 am
Old Jan 21, 2021, 9:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The Plaza Premium lounge appears to be open in T2. I believe the LH lounge was also offering paid access, but I'm not sure if that's still the case.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 7:05 am

BOS Lounge will re-open on 1st February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.