Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK to remove F award bookings to partners on April 1, 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK to remove F award bookings to partners on April 1, 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2020, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by vantage03
Yes, it’s my understanding Qantas have confirmed that EK F will still be bookable with QF Frequent Flyer points. Makes sense.
EK is being generous as QF won't be selling F again until 2023 when the QF A380s are expected to rejoin the fleet
Old Nov 19, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fly747first
EK is being generous as QF won't be selling F again until 2023 when the QF A380s are expected to rejoin the fleet
Yes although Qantas still sell EK flights in First Class with QF flight numbers, and give Skyards members reciprocal FF benefits. QF have also said their F lounge in Sydney will likely be the first to open in the International Terminal as it’s right-size for the amount of pax.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:00 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by fly747first
I have a very low opinion of Qantas, gleaned from decades of disappointment in their service and attitudes to their passengers during times when I had no choice which airline transported me around Australia and internationally.

I'm most likely wrong, but I see the partnership with Emirates as benefiting Qantas much more than their senior partner. And the fact that their F passengers are migrating to EK because the Qantas offering is so poor, rankles me more than it should.

But I guess that's one area where Emirates gains something from the partnership!

I'm happy to be corrected.

Last edited by BadoRas; Nov 23, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Old Nov 24, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by BadoRas
I have a very low opinion of Qantas, gleaned from decades of disappointment in their service and attitudes to their passengers during times when I had no choice which airline transported me around Australia and internationally.

I'm most likely wrong, but I see the partnership with Emirates as benefiting Qantas much more than their senior partner. And the fact that their F passengers are migrating to EK because the Qantas offering is so poor, rankles me more than it should.

But I guess that's one area where Emirates gains something from the partnership!

I'm happy to be corrected.
My last trip to SYD I thought I’d give QF a go. Not as bad as BA, but all round an appalling experience, I agree.
DYKWIA and BadoRas like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.