Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

First Class Service during COVID (Autumn 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2020, 2:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK

As of right now, is it as the news described in May when EK resumed service? Meals on trays, only 2 red and 2 white wines and one Champagne stocked, no turndown?

Are there any recent reports? Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere. Search didn’t return related results.

Thanks much!
-BlooJoo
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:33 pm

Well I have not flown since March 2020, but Emirates is still releasing its menu on all cabin classes on its website.
There are a few exceptions, but most routes have their menus published.

Here is the September menu for EK 202 JFK-DXB in first class.
https://cdn.ek.aero/downloads/ek/pdf...d8433300477000

It looks almost the same as before but I am sure they are now served differently. Breads will be packaged. Trays will be used. Main course might be served in a casserole dish. Everything will be covered.

However it looks like that you can still enjoy the same multiple course meals as before.

Carfield
Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Carfield
Well I have not flown since March 2020, but Emirates is still releasing its menu on all cabin classes on its website.

It looks almost the same as before but I am sure they are now served differently. Breads will be packaged. Trays will be used. Main course might be served in a casserole dish. Everything will be covered.

However it looks like that you can still enjoy the same multiple course meals as before.

Carfield
Thanks. Appreciate it.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 3:55 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Carfield

Carfield

Hmm, no separate wine list? Only 2 whites and 2 reds? And Hennessy Paradis substituted by XO, which used to be the J cognac.

Not quite pre-COVID-19, but of course the difference with some airlines which have sunk much deeper has actually increased quite a bit.
BillyBaht likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 3:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Hmm, no separate wine list? Only 2 whites and 2 reds? And Hennessy Paradis substituted by XO, which used to be the J cognac.

Not quite pre-COVID-19, but of course the difference with some airlines which have sunk much deeper has actually increased quite a bit.
That was my thinking as well. While not as drastic as other carriers, the cuts are pretty substantial IMHO.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I just did dxb man return in f.

changes 777 vs 380

champagne before take off in dxb (not in man)

no towels

wine list is shorter as noted - no change in drinks service.

nuts came in packets

food came all in one go (starter and main) they asked me if i wanted it covered I said no. On the return I asked for separate service for each course (no problem) and i asked for all food to be uncovered so i got the nuts in bowl etc

food is definitely plated as J food - no fancy F place settings

much better than BA but not quite the usual F standard

F lounge is shut (J lounge has an area for F passengers that was good and similar to usual F lounge dining (bit more limited on choice). Man ek lounge still closed.

M3
DYKWIA, thijsseh and SFO777 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 4:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red
I just did dxb man return in f.

changes 777 vs 380

champagne before take off in dxb (not in man)

no towels

wine list is shorter as noted - no change in drinks service.

nuts came in packets

food came all in one go (starter and main) they asked me if i wanted it covered I said no. On the return I asked for separate service for each course (no problem) and i asked for all food to be uncovered so i got the nuts in bowl etc

food is definitely plated as J food - no fancy F place settings

much better than BA but not quite the usual F standard

F lounge is shut (J lounge has an area for F passengers that was good and similar to usual F lounge dining (bit more limited on choice). Man ek lounge still closed.

M3
Great info, thank you.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic

nuts came in packets

M3
WHAT? I hope you made the FA get down on their knees and apologize for this
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by kq747
WHAT? I hope you made the FA get down on their knees and apologize for this
I actually did say “go uncover the nuts please and bring me another glass of Dom”
DYKWIA, thijsseh, SFO777 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:23 pm

Man ek lounge still closed.
Vouchers or any alternative offered?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Vouchers or any alternative offered?
no.

I used the aspire lounge via PP - was nice actually
Old Sep 28, 2020, 6:54 am

I see also the Chivas 18 (normally J) instead of Chivas Royal Salute.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Great thread. Thank you for the update and the current menu. We're doing JFK-DXB and back for a long weekend just after US Thanksgiving. So happy that we get the New 77W First Suites both ways.
cmd320 and m3red like this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SFO777
Great thread. Thank you for the update and the current menu. We're doing JFK-DXB and back for a long weekend just after US Thanksgiving. So happy that we get the New 77W First Suites both ways.
It won't be as good as BA
Old Oct 1, 2020, 11:48 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, BA Blue, Thai Silver
LHR-DXB

Currently in the roped off bit of the Biz lounge which is fine and certainly has a separate restaurant menu. Not a massive choice and probably will head to the Biz side for something different from the served buffets.

2 people in First on A380. Extremely minimal interaction from crew. Were offered PJs, washbag and slippers. "do you want food and drink?". No alcohol on the ground in London.

Purser showed up for 1 minute explaining less crew traffic and to press the call button. When I did, a quick response. Caviar course nice, but in a bowl and little pot of the black stuff.

No explanation about lack of showers or bar. In fact, nothing in bathrooms except soap and face tissues which I don't get. Got told off for going backwards to the bathroom once. Apparently bed making is now DIY (wasn't on QR Q suites last week). But bedding nice.

Overall, rather disappointing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.