Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Earn double tier miles (book until 10.02.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum

EK and FZ offers to double the tier miles on flights booked until 10.02. and flown until 17.05. You need to register for it: https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...xt-tier-faster

Important fine print:
  1. An Eligible Fare is defined as:
    • a. on Emirates: "Flex" or "Flex Plus" in either Economy Class, Business Class or First Class.
    • b. on flydubai: "Flex" in Economy Class or "Business" in Business Class.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:35 am

I got the email too but remain disappointed. My flying until the end of May is pretty much booked already, and excluding Savers from the offer makes it unlikely I'll book an extra trip to chase status. Looks like I'll be a lowly Silver soon.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Wish these were spending miles!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ft101
I got the email too but remain disappointed. My flying until the end of May is pretty much booked already, and excluding Savers from the offer makes it unlikely I'll book an extra trip to chase status. Looks like I'll be a lowly Silver soon.
Yes, you have to get a flex or a flex+ ticket but if you want to utilise the flexibility of it you then lose the offer
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:07 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat, Central The1 Exclusive
Yeah, got this too. All travel to May already booked...& with EK's expensive fares, sub-optimal Business Class hard product on B777, & a poor FFP........no thanks!
aceboy44 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: Skywards/Skymiles/SAA Voyager
Because of a medical situation in my family I recently had to change my tickets by moving my return date. I bought the tickets in June for the first leg in July a return leg in February. I just moved that return leg to March. When that changed ticket showed up it said it qualified for Double Tier Miles. So I am wondering if anyone (who has already bought FLEX or FLEX+ tickets before this promo was announced) could, by virtue of a simple change of flight time or flight date, make already purchased tickets qualify for the promo? I paid a $50 change fee and a $13 fare difference and it looks like I will come away with double tier miles for that leg. The person who I am thinking might benefit would be someone who already bought tickets for those qualifying dates before the promo was announced. They might be tempted to think that they have missed out on this promo. But for a little money to shift the flight by a few hours or a day, that purchase might be made to qualify. My $63 investment will gain me 6000 Tier miles, not a bad investment. Of course, you have to opt in to the promo, you have to make the changes by the 10th, your flight has to be in the time frame specified in the original post, etc. But if you have some flexibility it might be worth checking to see. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited by anFelipe; Feb 10, 2020 at 10:00 am
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by anFelipe
Because of a medical situation in my family I recently had to change my tickets by moving my return date. I bought the tickets in June for the first leg in July a return leg in February. I just moved that return leg to March. When that changed ticket showed up it said it qualified for Double Tier Miles. So I am wondering if anyone (who has already bought FLEX or FLEX+ tickets before this promo was announced) could, by virtue of a simple change of flight time or flight date, make already purchased tickets qualify for the promo? I paid a $50 change fee and a $13 fare difference and it looks like I will come away with double tier miles for that leg. The person who I am thinking might benefit would be someone who already bought tickets for those qualifying dates before the promo was announced. They might be tempted to think that they have missed out on this promo. But for a little money to shift the flight by a few hours or a day, that purchase might be made to qualify. My $63 investment will gain me 6000 Tier miles, not a bad investment. Of course, you have to opt in to the promo, you have to make the changes by the 10th, your flight has to be in the time frame specified in the original post, etc. But if you have some flexibility it might be worth checking to see. Does anyone have any experience with this?
I would wager that the original purchase date will prevail and you will not be eligible. Probably just that the web IT is just designed to show up during the promo period.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by extramileage
I would wager that the original purchase date will prevail and you will not be eligible. Probably just that the web IT is just designed to show up during the promo period.
Totally agree with EK IT not being the best. In my case, last year I had the same situation and I was eligible suddenly so maybe they do look at the reticketing date. Or it was just a fluke. Nobody will really know.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:03 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by anFelipe
A related question: I bought a flex ticket during the promotion purchase window (which is now closed). If I later have to change the dates, will it still be eligible for the double tier miles (assuming, of course, that I am still within the travel window)? I don't know whether the e-ticket number would change or something else would happen whereby the bonus would disappear. The T&C don't really address this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mecabq
A related question: I bought a flex ticket during the promotion purchase window (which is now closed). If I later have to change the dates, will it still be eligible for the double tier miles (assuming, of course, that I am still within the travel window)? I don't know whether the e-ticket number would change or something else would happen whereby the bonus would disappear. The T&C don't really address this.
I referred to this earlier. You lose it but I had one successful complaint where I got the miles back. It is a bit of a joke really because the offer requires you to obtain a flex ticket but then expects you not to be flexible.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:18 pm

I made a reservation via EK app, complying with all the double tier miles offer requirements and ended reservation which then showed the doubled miles.
However when I look at res in app, it only shows the normal miles ie not doubled.
I will contact EK CS, however I just wonder if others are seeing the same as I do?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Not traveling as much as last year, and it looked like I was going to dropped to silver for sure. Luckily this offer came along, and was able to line up sufficient travel in time for my tier review, coincidentally ending around the same time as the promo's travel window.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:05 pm

Any way to still get it?

Missed it by a few days.... and need those tier miles!
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by starsmoon
Any way to still get it?

Missed it by a few days.... and need those tier miles!
I booked a day after and EK honoured it, drop them an email... don’t ask, don’t get
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
I made a reservation via EK app, complying with all the double tier miles offer requirements and ended reservation which then showed the doubled miles.
However when I look at res in app, it only shows the normal miles ie not doubled.
I will contact EK CS, however I just wonder if others are seeing the same as I do?
Did you get this resolved? I just completed the travel after booking tickets with the same promotion and meeting all the offer requirements. But, do not see the additional 100% promotional tier miles credited to my statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.