Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

"Business Special booked in H class"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Hi -

I have apparently been booked on a "Business Special" fare in H class.

Does anyone have insight into what I can look forward to .. or not look forward to, as the case may be?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:15 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

No lounge access, no chauffeur drive, no advance seat selection.

No access to the bar*

*Only kidding.
Will08 and Matt.Edwards like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:18 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I have apparently been booked on a "Business Special" fare in H class.

Does anyone have insight into what I can look forward to .. or not look forward to, as the case may be?

Thanks in advance.
You will not have seat selection, lounge access or chauffeur drive when booked on a Business Special (H bucket) fare. Apart from that, it is the normal business class offering. If you have silver status you get lounge access in Dubai, Gold or Plat gives lounge access at outstations.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:19 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
No lounge access, no chauffeur drive, no advance seat selection.

No access to the bar*

*Only kidding.
That's a nasty joke......
cheung.chunyuenc and DYKWIA like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
There have been reports those booked into H have been given seats that were broken. (Recline function not working) Therefore, you are in J but in an economy seat. Also regardless of where you are sat, your food order is taken last which means you can only choose what ever is left, and you are not allowed the cheese board.

Reports may have been made up, just now.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Will08
There have been reports those booked into H have been given seats that were broken. (Recline function not working) Therefore, you are in J but in an economy seat. Also regardless of where you are sat, your food order is taken last which means you can only choose what ever is left, and you are not allowed the cheese board.

Reports may have been made up, just now.
I was just looking at a fare to Bangkok. The "Business special" is the same price as regular business class few years years ago, but with chauffeur service, lounge access, and complimentary seat selection (it was also my first flight with Emirates back in November 2014.) Can you believe that?

What has Emirates come to these days?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:03 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by aceboy44
I was just looking at a fare to Bangkok. The "Business special" is the same price as regular business class few years years ago, but with chauffeur service, lounge access, and complimentary seat selection (it was also my first flight with Emirates back in November 2014.) Can you believe that?

What has Emirates come to these days?

Isn't it great that one can still fly J on EK for the same fare as 6 years ago, even though a few details are removed for that privilege?

(by the way, the hand cream is also available for H bucket passengers. Not in the lounge but in the drawer of the J lavatories)
Old Jan 2, 2020, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Isn't it great that one can still fly J on EK for the same fare as 6 years ago, even though a few details are removed for that privilege?

(by the way, the hand cream is also available for H bucket passengers. Not in the lounge but in the drawer of the J lavatories)
No! It's not great to serve only 1 meal (as opposed to 2, 6 years ago) in J class on a 6 - 7 hours flight. It is also shameful that on LCC you get complimentary seat selection in business class while on EK you have to pay for it!

(there are plenty of hand lotions available at 5* hotels, with quality far superior than those found on airlines.)
NoY likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Got my crisps and drinks out - looking forward to an entertaining evening!
Old Jan 2, 2020, 9:13 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by aceboy44
No! It's not great to serve only 1 meal (as opposed to 2, 6 years ago) in J class on a 6 - 7 hours flight. It is also shameful that on LCC you get complimentary seat selection in business class while on EK you have to pay for it!

(there are plenty of hand lotions available at 5* hotels, with quality far superior than those found on airlines.)
I was not going to bite, but just want to point out that there is at least one legacy carrier where almost everyone pays for advance seat selection in J....
XXTSGR, m3red, murtaza12 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I was not going to bite, but just want to point out that there is at least one legacy carrier where almost everyone pays for advance seat selection in J....
That "legacy" carrier has a Gold For Life benefit. Emirates does not, so why charge for J class seat selection?

If Emirates wants to follow the steps of that carrier, maybe it should also offer the same benefits? I for once would love to be silver/gold for life.

Edit:

Once you become Gold (for life) seat selection is complimentary
NoY likes this.

Last edited by aceboy44; Jan 3, 2020 at 12:51 am
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
Mileage may be lower

I think mileage accrual May also be lower with the H fare. If you are looking at crediting the flight to a partner be especially careful. I ask Alaska about what H fare would earn and was told H fare was 50% miles flown, less than most economy fares. I asked why wasn’t the table updated and they said it was on Emirates’ end.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Hi -

The thread seems have been hijacked a bit.

I don't really care about RC -- you can all take this up in the Marriott forum.

Thank you for all the relevant information. Last on food won't bother my brother ... a broken seat would. I already knew about the reduced mileage credit.

Thanks to you all.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:41 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Moderator Note:

A few off topic posts and ones that totally veered from the original topic have been removed to get the thread back on track.

Please stick to the topic and don’t jump on the bandwagon.

Thanks

Saltire74
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:57 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

The thread seems have been hijacked a bit.

I don't really care about RC -- you can all take this up in the Marriott forum.

Thank you for all the relevant information. Last on food won't bother my brother ... a broken seat would. I already knew about the reduced mileage credit.

Thanks to you all.
In my travels with EK, I only once have not had my first food choice, so - even if it won’t worry your brother - chances are he’ll be ok on that count. As far as broken seats are concerned, I would be mightily surprised if they knew which seats (if any, this is not a regular occurrence but it may happen) are broken at the time they assign the seats.
i suspect that the post which mentions these shortcomings had a dose of tongue inserted into the cheek......
JTPictureman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.